Talk

Advanced search

Mesh laundry bags?

(11 Posts)
annh Mon 29-May-06 21:49:19

Having had a very near miss with a bra wire and the washing machine, I decided to buy some mesh bags for washing my underwear. However, Lakeland have apparently stopped doing small bags and only do large ones with rather open mesh, through which the bra wire could still easily pop. Does anyone know who else sells small laundry bags?

Jessajam Mon 29-May-06 21:49:51

woolworths, morrisons...

PrettyCandles Mon 29-May-06 21:52:51

Have been searching for fine-mesh bags for ages, ever since mine started wearing out. All the mesh bags I've ever seen here in the UK are wide-ish mesh and quite harsh material. There was an oriental shopping centre near where I used to live, and I used to buy fine-mesh bags from the Japanese household goods shop there. I don't know whether they still do them, but if you're in London it's called Oriental City (used to be Yaohan Plaza) and it's on Edgware Rd a bit north of the North Circular.

SaintofGeorgia Mon 29-May-06 21:54:48

Well you should all know by now what my answer is going to be:

Betterware.

JanH Mon 29-May-06 21:56:57

The wider mesh bags wash DD1's underwired bras OK. I don't think the wires will pop when the bra is wrapped up in a bag, even with wider mesh, because it doesn't get shoved about by the other washing.

Skribble Mon 29-May-06 22:06:03

This one any good, ideal for all the family Here

annh Mon 29-May-06 23:44:12

Actually, SaintofGeorgia Betterware don't seem to have them on their site. PrettyCandles, I know what you mean about the harsh material. the ones from Lakeland might be OK but I felt they would rub rather roughly against other items in the wash. Skribble, thanks for your suggestion but I'd have to buy a new washing machine to fit that bag into

SaintofGeorgia Mon 29-May-06 23:47:06

They only have the current catalogue on site but they do them, honest

SaintofGeorgia Mon 29-May-06 23:52:59

Pic doesn't look right unless they have just changed the design (again). They are normally of identical design to the Lakeland ones but half the price.

I've never had any scuffing problems with other washing in the machine.

busybusybee Tue 30-May-06 00:04:49

Skribble - You got me really confused there as I have been looking at camping stuff as well!! It took me a while to get the joke

Skribble Tue 30-May-06 00:10:06

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: