Talk

Advanced search

Kid 'backpack' style carriers. Which one?

(13 Posts)
KVG Mon 29-May-06 21:37:32

Message withdrawn

Catilla Mon 29-May-06 21:40:34

For serious walking, definitely the Macpac range. You find them in the outdoor shops rather than the baby shops (and they aren't cheap) - but I understand they are they only one designed by starting with a normal rucksack and back system, rather than by designing a new carry system. Even when we broke something on ours - we had great service.

Amazed you have managed a sling to 11 months - think we gave up around 4-5!

KVG Mon 29-May-06 21:42:59

Message withdrawn

Cadmum Mon 29-May-06 21:46:40

I was just about to say Macpac! They are amazing and ever-so comfy for parent and child.

NotQuiteCockney Mon 29-May-06 21:47:32

We like our Kelty Kids one. It looks like a normal rucksack, and works very well. It's also good for tall folk, so DH can wear it too.

Whizzz Mon 29-May-06 21:47:45

We had a Karimoor one which was great - still have it somewhere!

KVG Mon 29-May-06 22:06:22

Message withdrawn

Melpomene Mon 29-May-06 22:13:56

We recently acquired a Vaude Jolly back carrier, which is great. Comfy to wear and dd2 loves it - she keeps giggling as we walk along.

I got it on eBay for about half what it would have cost new.

Twiglettville Mon 29-May-06 22:15:33

there's a review section off the home page

I'm looking for a good quality 2nd hand one if anyone's selling

Twiglettville Mon 29-May-06 22:16:31

mumsnet reviews

tortoise Mon 29-May-06 22:35:42

littelife (Click on buggies and carriers then scroll down to cross country carrier)I have one very simular to this one and i find it really comfortable and easy to wear with dd2 in it.She's 22 months old.she really loves going in it.

gs Thu 01-Jun-06 11:17:37

can't recommend the ergo enough - it has been so fantastic and as distributes your babys weight more evenly I can carry my 22 month old for miles in it. have used it from when he was 1. any more questions let me know

amazonianwoman Thu 01-Jun-06 23:18:14

Another vote for the Ergo! We have both the Ergo and the LittleLife carrier (the mid-range one, around £90)

I much prefer carrying DD (23mths, 28lbs) in the Ergo, she feels weightless, whereas the LittleLife feels heavier. DH likes it though, and it is very adjustable (back length, straps, leaning distance from shoulder etc).

DD likes both but probably prefers the Ergo

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: