Talk

Advanced search

What should I buy my friend's DS for his 2nd birthday?

(8 Posts)
Smurfgirl Mon 29-May-06 20:02:14

Title says it all, have no idea what toys he already has but I know he is quite an active little boy. No idea what 2 year olds play with. I went to ELC and had no clue! He has a newborn baby brother if that has any impact on what I buy. Will spend up to £25

TIA.

gingernut Mon 29-May-06 20:22:08

Outdoor: 3- wheeled scooter? (he might be a bit young for that though). Sand pit with plastic diggers. Trike. Indoor: if he's into trains would get Thomas trains for brio track (from ELC). Or a `Take-along Thomas' set (the trains are a bit smaller than the ones for the wooden track, but the sets can be packed up and carried round (boys seem to like that sort of thing!)). Or, if into cars, some sort of fold-away garage. Or Bob the Builder things (e.g. die-cast models of the machines, model yard).

oooggs Mon 29-May-06 20:25:47

The best thing ds got was a workbench (boy equlivent of a kitchen) he loves it, pretends to fix things, wears the hat, uses the screw driver to screw the large screws, all safe stuff unless he attacks the little bro with a plastic hammer!!

Northerner Mon 29-May-06 20:26:14

My ds loved his little ride on car at this age, you can get them for about £20.

WibblyMummy Tue 30-May-06 00:34:17

The biggest hits for my DS's 2nd birthday were jigsaws - check out Orchard Toys. They've got loads of ones of trains, diggers, fire engines which all boys love.

MaggieW Tue 30-May-06 07:52:22

How about a ride on motorbike? They're around £20 - think Argos has them - and are a big hit with little boys. They're quite sturdy too and can take a lot of bashing! Also small enough to be able to put on top of a buggy to carry home when little legs get tired.

pegasus Tue 30-May-06 11:42:40

There is a section on mumsnet reviewing the best toys for 2-3 year olds:

here

TheMammy Tue 30-May-06 11:56:19

How about some fingerpaints or something his mum has to spend some time doing with him? Might be a good chance for them to have some 1 to 1 time together seeing as there is now a new little one?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: