Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

Need to buy a new washing machine, please point me to any thread on the subject, I can't see any!

(6 Posts)
WideWebWitch Mon 29-May-06 12:10:41

The msot important thing is that it must have a quick cycle, i.e. under the 3 hours our old one takes. I've skimmed through products but can't see anything, was there ever a thread with a consensus on the best machine? Prefer to buy online today. TIA.

azroc Mon 29-May-06 12:16:13

We've got a Zanussi Electrolux Jetsystem Progress 1600 6kg and it is fab. Copes with all I throw at it (nappies, heavily mudded things, pieces of china and oddities from kids' pockets. Even washed a balloon without popping it!)sometimes 3 washes a day. Has quick cycles, is very green and widely available (even Argos do it). Very reliable make too.

MummyToToby Mon 29-May-06 12:49:05

we have the ultima which is great. huge 7kg drum and its all electronic so it tells you how long the cycle has left etc i think we got it from 1st call appliance direct - they are usually the cheapest we can find for most items.

Wallace Mon 29-May-06 12:51:28

We just got the bosch classixx 1200 express. I love it. It has a 6kg capacity, and the shortest load is something like 35 minutes. Even the 60 degree cotton load is only 1 hr 17 minutes. It is great because it has a display that tells you how many minutes until the cycle finishes.

I think it also came top of the which? report for reliability. It cost about £269.

neena28 Mon 29-May-06 13:40:46

I've got a siemans XL1400.

*I LOVE IT* Bought it about eight weeks ago from

think this one was the one I got!

It has a couple of very fast washes like 39 minutes but also has longer ones that are fab for kids stuff etc that are 40 degree wash which take 1 hour 9 mins. Counts down for you so you know when it will be finished by minute and also has a really easy up to 12 hour time delay so you can run on cheap rate.

As I say I think it's fab, big load, quick washes very clean clothes and lots of different programmes so you can wash virtually everything (even silk etc).

I had it form kitchen science . co uk and thought they were fab, nice and helpful on the phone and delivery exactly when they said it would be. Would highly recommend.

HTH

WideWebWitch Mon 29-May-06 14:49:10

Cor thanks for this lot, it's dh's job to research and buy one tihs week so will tell him to look at this thread first.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: