Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

Wigwam kids furniture shop gone bankrupt

(5 Posts)
marina123 Fri 26-May-06 15:58:40

I bought a cot about six weeks ago from Wigwam Kids Limited and have just received a letter from them to say they are in financial dificulties and that I wont get my cot or my money back.

Is anyone else in the same position? Or has anyone got any advise on what I should do. Annoyingly I bought the cot with my switch card as I didn't want my husband to know how much I had spent on it.

Any advise much appreciated.

zippitippitoes Fri 26-May-06 16:06:53

It seems they have been bought out are the new owners not honouring orders already placed and paid for?

sunnydelight Fri 26-May-06 18:47:37

I would have thought if there was a transfer of undertakings the new owners would have to honour orders. If it went into receivership however you would just be an unsecured creditor along with everyone else - customers and suppliers alike. As you are obviously already aware only credit cards give you the protection on purchases over £100 so you're not covered there. You need to find out the current legal status of the company. What a bummer!

006 Fri 26-May-06 18:51:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

moondog Fri 26-May-06 18:54:28

Oh bollocks
You are only covered if you use a credit card i think and then only for a bit.
I lost quite a bit with bloody Dibor like this.
What enraged me is that they then started trading again,and wouldn't honour the payment.
They still send me fecking catalogues!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: