Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

to carry or not to carry

(6 Posts)
canard Fri 26-May-06 12:27:25

hi - I'm curious to know what other parents think of baby carrying...

Where I live (UK) most people you see use a pushchair/stroller of some sort - and it's very rare that I see a baby in a baby carrier/sling of any sort. Do you carry your baby much or not - and what reasons would you give either way?

For my part, we use both, but in the first 3-4 months we always carried our two children. We used the Wilkinet - it is really comfortable and easy to use once you learn - it's much better on the back than some of the more 'mainstream' ones. Our first baby had really bad colic and we used to get her to sleep in it - it cuddles them in really tight and they feel very cosy. Once they're a bit older we'd vary between pushchair and carrier - depending on our mood.

More about the wilkinet at: www.wilkinet.co.uk

Marina Fri 26-May-06 12:31:19

The Wilkinet may be a top product canard but if you have come on here to advertise you need to contact MNHQ and pay the small fee.
FWIW all my friends at NCT/postnatal groups had slings but opinions differed as to which was best. The Wilkinet doesn't suit everyone.

morningpaper Fri 26-May-06 12:32:59

I used various slings and still do but to be honest if you are out doing chores then there is only so much you can do with a sling - even getting your purse out of your pocket is a palaver - and you can't hang your carrier bags of potatoes off a sling!

Marina Fri 26-May-06 12:33:57

MP, sometimes ds' Maclaren looked liked Old Smoky in motion with all the stuff dangling off it. And ds in there somewhere

shazronnie Fri 26-May-06 12:42:54

DH liked to carry more than I did. We had the babybjorn, but from about 3 mths it was too heavy for me. He could manage it up to 9 mths.
Agree that pram far better for stuffing all sorts of rubbish / useful bits.

sunnydelight Fri 26-May-06 18:53:44

Yet another first time poster with a product link - pay for advertising like everyone else!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: