Talk

Advanced search

Problems contacting Two Left Feet

(20 Posts)
Pennies Fri 26-May-06 09:18:18

Have placed an order with them but not received my goods and they aren't responding to my emails. I've tried calling the number on the website (01234 857777) but you can only speak to the sales team. As they've had my money for a week and promised delivery over a week ago I'm getting a tad cheesed off. Does anyone know of a different number for them?

tassis Fri 26-May-06 09:20:25

oh dear, these guys have a terrible reputation on here.

hope you get it sorted.

Pennies Fri 26-May-06 09:22:29

Do they? Arrgh. Bought my buggy from them and they were fine.

PiccadillyCircus Fri 26-May-06 09:23:20

I used the number for the sales team and was very determined.

hulababy Fri 26-May-06 09:25:10

Oh no - TLF Check out archives for TLF - lots of problems.

I ended up contacting the Managing Director of TLF in order to get my momney back, some 3 months later! I will see if I can find it for you.

FWIW my first order with then 4 years ago was fine. My order for a car seat at Christmas was the one that was a nightmare.

hulababy Fri 26-May-06 09:29:33

Watchdog were investigating them at one point.

Pennies Fri 26-May-06 09:30:58

Ooh if you have got the MD's number that would be fab!! Wish I'd thought to do a search on here first - but as we had good service first time round I thought it would be fine..

Pennies Fri 26-May-06 09:32:49

Can't find anything in the archives though found a ref to problems in current mesages.

hulababy Fri 26-May-06 09:34:35

TLF typical complaint

This message was put on another parenting site, Babyworld, by the managing director. I found the message when googling TLF complaints when trying to sort my issue out.

"As the Managing Director of Two Left Feet, it always upsets me to read comments like these and I’m glad of the opportunity to respond. We are human and we do make mistakes, but I’d like to put it into perspective. We are one of the two largest independent nursery products retailers in the UK with a £10 million turnover. We deal with more than 500 customers every day, 15,500 a month, 186,000 a year. Even if we get it wrong only one tenth of one per cent of the time, we’ll still upset 3-4 customers every week. We’re aware that here in the UK, people rarely praise good service, they simply accept it, but if something goes wrong they’re very quick to complain. So our thousands of happy customers don’t post messages! Having said that, we’re not complacent, and customer satisfaction is our highest priority. Because of this, we have just invested in a new £1 million 20,000 sq ft warehouse with the most sophisticated stock control system available. We’ve established the largest showroom in the UK, stocking nearly every major brand where you can look around at your leisure and relax in our Costa Coffee bar. We also have a website which offers the widest range of products at highly-competitive prices including, usually, next-day delivery. My job and the jobs of more than 30 employees are dependent on the way we treat our customers so if we have genuinely let you down, I’d like to hear about it so that we can put it right and I will also look at a form of compensation if appropriate. Richard Bone, Managing Director, Two Left Feet. Email chatroom@twoleftfeet.co.uk "

I did e-mail and it did get sorted out. But realy you should not have to resort to doing this.

Anyway hope you get it sorted.

hulababy Fri 26-May-06 09:36:10

On the link I put here, there are also others from it. There are also complaint threads on MO, Babyworld and money saving expert websites. And these are the only ones I bothered looking at - there may be more!

hulababy Fri 26-May-06 09:36:43

Mr Bone, MD
chatroom@twoleftfeet.co.uk

He replied to the e-mail within 24 hours.

Pennies Fri 26-May-06 09:42:51

Well that makes for dismal reading. I ordered a hIghchair from them last week on the phone and checked the receipt and they'd added a double buggy to the order as well. So now they've got £400 of our money (£260 of which has been spent on something we didn't even order) and I've got nothing. Not impressed.

Pennies Fri 26-May-06 09:44:01

Thanks, Hulababy. You're a star. Mr Bone here I come...

Jimjamskeepingoffvaxthreads Fri 26-May-06 09:45:41

I saw the Watchdog report on them a couple of years ago.

hulababy Sat 27-May-06 09:50:09

Really, so this is the second time Watchdog have been interested in them? They also trade as Two Right Feet I think as well.

bottersnike Sat 27-May-06 10:04:46

I had contact with Mr. Bone when TLF refused to give us our money back for faulty goods. I found him rude and unhelpful, and I really hope Watchdog are keeping a close eye on them.
Keep phoning, keep e-mailing, give him a cut-off date to respond and either give you your money back or the goods you ordered.
If they go past the date, sue them. Unfortunately we had to, but it worked.

poppyh Sat 27-May-06 10:07:03

i ordered a pushchair and sent it back as it wasnt for newborns and it didnt say this on their website.
Took us 4 months to get our refund as they didnt reply to our emails and werent helpful on phone.Finally got money back, but not without persistant emails, which got angrier from my Dh.Would never use them again.

Pennies Mon 29-May-06 15:43:23

I emailed the chat room address and got a response saying they'd get back to me. Not holding my breath for that so bought the high chair from John Lewis today. So I just emailed them to canel the order. Let's count the days (months...?) until the refund arrives then!!!

JenJam Mon 29-May-06 19:55:41

i had probs getting hold of two left feet too. i found it really really annoying and haven't considered buying from them again. if a company can't be arsed to talk to their customers I'm not interested, there are millions of other companies happy to take my money and interact with me.
sorry if this doesn't help. i haven't even properly read your post - the headline alone has sent me on another rant
hope you get the service you deserve!

ProfYaffle Tue 30-May-06 14:19:32

I won't bore you with the details but we had a hell of a time with 2lf over dd's pram, I'd never go near them ever again.

I only got it sorted when i got really *rsey and started shouting and refusing to get off the phone til they resolved it.

Hope you get it sorted out.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: