Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

does anyone else hate their upright dyson? Anyone have a better suggestion?

(17 Posts)
mogwai Wed 24-May-06 16:13:58

It's crap for the stairs and under the beds.

Need suggestions for a better model please

zippitippitoes Wed 24-May-06 16:14:36

Henry?

frogs Wed 24-May-06 16:16:46

Henry

vnmum Wed 24-May-06 16:18:36

the bosch bagless upright is really good, cheaper and more powerful

butty Wed 24-May-06 16:21:21

I've just bought the new vax, pet hair removal effort and it is so much better than my old bollo**ed Dyson.

Also fairly cheap in comparison.

WishICouldGiveUpWork Wed 24-May-06 21:12:59

Hated my Dyson with a passion and have been completely in love with my Sebo ever since-not the cheapest but the BEST I have ever had.Pulls itself along carpet and automatically switches to hard floor mode all on it's own.

SleepyJess Wed 24-May-06 21:14:54

I have a suggestion. I have been considering driving my upright Dyson to Beachy Head and shoving the f*cker off.. I bloody hate it. DH bought it.

moondog Wed 24-May-06 21:17:12

Mine's shit too.
Nearly every appendage has fallen off.
Dare not complain or talk about getting another however as dh went apoplectic when he heard how much it cost when I bought it.
Am obliged to maintain long running charade re how fantastic it is.

A bloody twig broom would do a better job.

GDG Wed 24-May-06 21:18:15

Hated mine with a passion -had a couple actually and both packed in and were crap. Too heavy aswell. Now got a Miele which I LOVE!

AllieBongo Wed 24-May-06 21:19:42

had mine nearly 2 years and it's a pile of shit. engineer told me not to wash one of the filters so that nearly burned the motor out. i want one of those old carpet sweepers my mum had

moondog Wed 24-May-06 21:20:33

Does Miele work on same bagless principle??

wordgirl Wed 24-May-06 21:22:20

I'm just waiting for my Dyson to die so I can get a decent vacuum. I don't mind what it is, anything's got to be better than that pile of c**p. I think I might be joining SleepyJess at Beachy Head...

GDG Wed 24-May-06 21:25:49

My miele has a bag but I find that better than emptying the body of the dyson into a carrier bag anyway

AllBuggiedOut Wed 24-May-06 23:17:52

Love my Sebo too. About 10 years ago when Dysons were pretty new we went into John Lewis determined to buy one and the sales guy talked us out of it - am so glad!

SueW Wed 24-May-06 23:42:00

ABO - snap!

sallystrawberry Wed 24-May-06 23:46:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Crackle Wed 24-May-06 23:55:11

I have a dyson animal that is utterly bizarre. I have to use the fabric head to hoover the floor. Takes for frickin' ever.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: