Talk

Advanced search

Video (DVD) camera - is it worth it?

(4 Posts)
DogMum Tue 23-May-06 18:42:21

I'm expecting my first in October and Dad2B has been offered a video camera for his birthday (by grandparents2B). He was enthusiastic at first, but now says no one likes being videoed, no one likes videoing and no one ever watches them anyway.

Is he right or will we regret not having early recordings of our little one?

tamum Tue 23-May-06 18:50:25

I'd kind of agree with him, but from the perspective of now-older-children I would say definitely go for it. They absolutely love seeing themselves when they were younger, and have done pretty much since they were toddlers. It is nice to look back on, too

Jbck Tue 23-May-06 22:22:21

I used to video constantly when DD was tiny & I regret not having kept it up. She's 4 now & I feel it's hard to remember various stages & what she did at what age & stuff. It's only really big events now rather than everyday stuff but those are the times you forget.I'd take the offer if it was me.
I haven't really got them out for ages but now she's a bit bigger I might, she loves looking at photos of herself & wee clips on the phone.

DogMum Wed 24-May-06 08:35:08

Thanks for these tips. I think we will go for it, even if it's just for the future toddler/child/teenager to have a laugh at. And someone else is paying, so it's now or never. (I guess the GP2B want to watch too.)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: