Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

Swim nappies - any tips?

(10 Posts)
Jessajam Tue 23-May-06 11:25:24

Have a 9mo ds. Off on hols in June . Will involve swimming pool/paddling in river/sea etc. Want to get him a reuseable swim nappy (no huggies little swimmers thank you!) No idea what to look for etc etc etc....

zubb Tue 23-May-06 11:51:20

they sell the washable ones in boots I think, not sure about mothercare, I get them from the local swimming pool. Not sure there is much choice they just have a plastic nappy thing in them.

kipper22 Tue 23-May-06 11:54:46

Ds has 2 reusable swim nappies - 1 came from Mothercare and the other is a zoggs one (think you can get them through kiddicare). They both seem fine but admittedly there have been no real tests yet iyswim!

Cappucino Tue 23-May-06 11:55:06

boots ones are fine

if you were feeling really flash you could go to jojomamanbebe and buy a swimsuit with one built in

or you could spend the money on wine

Jessajam Tue 23-May-06 11:58:45

Hmmmmm...wine....now there's a thought!
HAve looked at some of the reuseables on the cloth nappy sites - motherease etc - but they all fasten with poppers...am I missing something, but I would think that that could lead to 'leakage' of any (semi) solids given the fact that everything is in in water...???

Cappucino Tue 23-May-06 12:03:30

tbh I can't name a single child who has actually pooed in one

so who knows what happens to it

LIZS Tue 23-May-06 12:07:16

We used Floaties Aqua nappies with no mishaps

SoupDragon Tue 23-May-06 12:15:02

I prefer the ones that pull on like trunks and I got one from Boots.

Both DSs have pooed in them BTW. You do have to whip them out of the pool fairly swiftly after you notice they've done it because, erm, well it disintegrates if you leave it there and are in the water too long...

WishICouldGiveUpWork Tue 23-May-06 19:38:45

DD has both Mothercare ones and Floaties and both are great.
Floaties one got several "poo tests" over three weeks at Xmas and held it all in no problem.

John Lewis sell the floaties ones.

azroc Tue 23-May-06 19:45:35

Chech ebay - lots of bargains in this department.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: