Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

good buggy for stairs??

(4 Posts)
nicky111 Mon 22-May-06 20:42:06

I live three floors up in a tenement flat. There is no lift. I have to bump buggy/pram up about eight flights of stairs. can anyone recommend a buggy/pram good with stairs? Do big wheels make a difference? Are there any withn a detachable light carrycot which I could take up ther stairs instead? I had a big travel system with DD1 and it was a nightmare. Any advice (or sympathy) much appreciated

kipper22 Tue 23-May-06 09:34:09

no advice sorry, but lots of sympathy! have a similar problem - I live in a village and have to cross a railway bridge to catch the train if I want to go anywhere. will watch this with interest!

AllBuggiedOut Tue 23-May-06 14:21:24

We had the Stokke Explory because we live downstairs. It transformed my life. But DS1 outgrew it when he reached about 14KGs and the seat kept slipping down the central pole. The seat's supposed to hold a kid up to 22KGs but it clearly doesn't, and Stokke had to give me a refund. Apart from that, I loved it. You fold in the back two (big) wheels to go up or down stairs, and bump it down on those wheels. The handle is then high enough for you to do this without having to bend over. Bliss.

Kelly1978 Tue 23-May-06 14:30:04

big wheels def make a difference. I had a three wheeler in the flat and found it really easy. Air tyres help too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: