Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

Nappy wrappers - Tommee Tippee or Vital Baby

(9 Posts)
RuthT Sun 21-May-06 19:28:33

I have looked at both of these on the net but can't decide. The tommee tippee needs cartridges and the Vital baby doesn't so should be cheaper in the long run. Any one got one?

intergalacticwalrus Sun 21-May-06 19:34:13

Have a Tommee Tippee one. My advice is don't bother. They don't really cover up the smell of poo, esp when they start eating food. Ours lives outside, and we use it for bunging in nappies and also for bits of rubbish we find in the garden! You also need to have your nasal passages sealed up for when you open it as it's gagworthy. I certainly wouldn't buy one again. I think I'd rather stick to buying cheapo nappy sacks from Asda and bunging nappies in with household waste, as that's where they end up anyway.

shazronnie Mon 22-May-06 12:36:12

i have tommee tippee, and is fine for the first 4 - 6 mths, then walrus is right - the smell escapes.

There are certainly more useful things to spend money on.

RuthT Mon 22-May-06 19:00:50

So are you basically telling me I am stuck with the smell-frequent trips to the bin?

intergalacticwalrus Tue 23-May-06 09:54:41

Yes, because those nappy wrappers don't do the job at keeping the poo smell under wraps. (no pun intended!) If you get one for a couple of quid go for it, but I wouldn't buy one if I had my time again. However, mine has proved very useful as a garden bin. I do still use it for nappies, but as DS is now 17 months old, the smell of his poo could strip paint.

Cappucino Tue 23-May-06 10:27:47

surely you tip the poo down the loo? surely people don't wrap it up?

eeeewwww

TheFlameWhoWasAfraidOfTheDark Tue 23-May-06 10:32:24

I had one for DD, also found it useless - now use it (with no bags) to chuck the dirty cloth nappies in.

Oooh... I sense a new thread starting....

Cappucino Tue 23-May-06 10:33:36

Flame yes - if you're worried about the smell of disposables (and boy do they smell) and you're going to have a bucket anyway, why not just switch to cloth?

Kathy1972 Tue 23-May-06 10:38:23

We have Tommee Tippee, and it used to work fine, but then they changed the design of the cartridges so they're so stiff we kept putting our hands through the film (not nice) and put the price up.
We just use an ordinary bin with nappy bags now.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: