Talk

Advanced search

where to buy a bike?

(8 Posts)
daisy1999 Sat 20-May-06 12:55:48

I need to buy two bikes for girls aged 7. Anyone have a recommendation of where to buy? I was thinking of raleigh - any thoughts?

JannySmith Sat 20-May-06 13:04:03

If you have somebody around who is good at putting them together and looking after them, the cheapest place by far is Sterling House - 2 for £99.

They also have eg Disney Princess bikes for £30

JannySmith Sat 20-May-06 13:06:21

Oh, those would be too small I think.

MrsBadger Sat 20-May-06 13:16:35

I like small independent local bike shops where the nice people get the right size frame and adjust the saddles etc because I am completely incompetent in this area! If you're anywhere near Oxford, every independent bike shop I've ever been to there has been excellent.

I hate Halfords, Argos etc where none of the staff seem to know or care what they're talking about.

Don't forget helmets if they're riding anywhere there are cars - this is one area where Disney Princesses, pink overload etc is a good idea if it means they'll wear them.

daisy1999 Sat 20-May-06 13:19:09

thanks janny I will have a look (the princess ones are too small but I'll have a look at the site).
probably will use a local dealer Mrs B. The girls are sooo excited!!

mumo75 Sat 20-May-06 21:36:37

toys r us i have always found to be excellent and i do have 7 children to buy bikes for!!!!

hulababy Sat 20-May-06 21:38:38

I went to a proper bike shop for DD's bike last year.

daisy1999 Sun 21-May-06 20:47:06

thanks everyone, took the girls to a bike shop today and they are very excited

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: