Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

How do you froth milk with a Krups expresso machine?

(5 Posts)
IlanaK Fri 19-May-06 16:49:11

I have had my Krups machine for ages and happily make my coffee on it each day. But until recently I never tried the cappoccino attachment for frothing milk. I just can't get my milk to froth!

I have followed the instructions to the letter. And It heats the milk beautifully. But it does not froth.

So what am I doing wrong???

Alipiggie Fri 19-May-06 17:15:08

Sounds like it needs de-scaling as you don't have enough pressure. There should be steam coming out of the nozzle which heats and froths the milk. Does your book not have a section on troubleshooting. We had this and I had to run white vinegar through the machine to clear out all the gunk. . Now it steams and froths beautifully again.

IlanaK Fri 19-May-06 17:17:35

I can see steam coming out, but perhaps the pressure is not enough. We have had the machine a long time, but never used this attachement so I suppose it is possible it needs descaling. I will look into it. Thanks.

Alipiggie Fri 19-May-06 17:27:00

One full water resevoir with 90% vinegar and let it run through both the coffee part and the cappuccino maker and then 3 resevoirs of clean water. That should help

IlanaK Fri 19-May-06 21:30:46

Thanks for that. I descaled it this evening and the milk is frothing

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: