Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

Bumbo in the bath?

(6 Posts)
Tex111 Fri 19-May-06 11:43:51

DD (6 months) has a bathseat which is just useless. She slips forward, it's not stable in the bath and it makes the whole job much harder. I've been wondering about using her Bumbo in the bath. Anyone tried this?

misdee Fri 19-May-06 11:44:35

its not heavey enough, i think because its foam it'll float with your dd in it.

PiccadillyCircus Fri 19-May-06 11:44:49

I'm pretty sure they say not to use them in the bath, although I haven't ever tried.

What sort of bath seat are you using at the moment?

PanicPants Fri 19-May-06 11:45:24

Try it and see, just be careful in case it does float!

Tex111 Fri 19-May-06 11:47:13

Hadn't thought about the possibility of floating! The bathseat we have is a Mothercare one, purchased for DS three years ago. It's the best I've seen, nicely rounded, big suction cups on the bottom, etc, but it's terrible in our narrow bath.

Seona1973 Fri 19-May-06 20:28:52

the mothercare one didnt fit our bath either and ended up getting one from argos that has suckers on the bottom rather than sticking out the side. Bumbos shouldnt be used in the bath as they have no suckers or anything to keep them in place (they do warn you not to use them in the bath or any other water).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: