Talk

Advanced search

LIDL - What shall I buy??? Any suggestions

(13 Posts)
crunchie Fri 19-May-06 10:25:07

I am going to LIDL for the first time next week (they have a special on electric cool boxes £27.99) and I am making a special trip. I know some of you like certain things from there, so any suggestions as to what I should stock up on?

crunchie Fri 19-May-06 15:27:19

Bump for the afternoon crew

megglevache Fri 19-May-06 15:33:21

Message withdrawn

MrsDoolittle Fri 19-May-06 15:47:37

Salami - apparently!!

Kidstrack Fri 19-May-06 15:49:39

french biscuits, there so yummy infact all the biscuits i have tried from Lidl are lovely, MIL gets them for her office

Smurfgirl Fri 19-May-06 15:51:40

Fruit and veg (someone recommended their curry packs on here I think)
Juice, its dirt cheap and loads of choice their little boxes of fresh juice 5 for 89p are fab
Yogurts
Cheese
Cold meats
Cleaning products (love their orange kitchen cleaner)
Biscuits
Cereals
Fresh and frozen pizzas

giddy1 Fri 19-May-06 15:52:48

Message deleted

noddyholder Fri 19-May-06 15:55:23

washing powder and sensitive fabric softener
Hand cooked balsamic vinegar crisps
cold meats
reallt thin cut smokey bacon gerat for salads olive oil

crunchie Fri 19-May-06 19:52:45

Bump for the evening lot

ScotGirl Fri 19-May-06 20:17:28

70% dark chocolate
Extra mature gouda slices
Cornichons (mini dill pickles)

Sid Fri 19-May-06 20:47:13

Yes to the cornichons,and the cooked meats, especially the Black Forest Ham. Also the juices and the German beer. And the biscuits. And the olive oil - such good value.

NannyL Fri 19-May-06 22:48:24

my sister uses their anti wrinkle cream (even tho shes 21 and has NO wrinkles) she likes it and it IS a bargain!

their mini magnum things are SOOOO yummy.... had one tonight actually

Do lots of lovely bargain fresh fruit and veg dont forget bring your own bags cause they charge you for bags there!

jac34 Fri 19-May-06 23:02:51

They have some really great Greek antipasto at the moment,chillies stuffed with feta,mushrooms stuffed with feta.All their cold meats,palma ham type stuff,are very good.Fresh vacum packed Lasagna.
They also have a very good,Cabinet savinion rose, from Chile for £3.99.
We are going away soon and I noticed they are selling antihistomines(sp) and sun cream,I might give some of that a try.
I saw the electric cool box advertised,also liked the look of the outdoor electric grill,might be less fuss than a BBQ.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: