Talk

Advanced search

BOTTLE STERILISERS

(13 Posts)
luboo Fri 19-May-06 07:59:53

I am about to buy a bottle steriliser before the birth of my first baby. Which should i go for - Avent plug in worktop steam one, or one you put in a microwave. All advice welcome!!!

Coolmama Fri 19-May-06 22:02:09

I bought the Avent one as I think (correct me if I'm wrong) the microwave ones can only be used if you have a revolving microwave, which I don't. Plus, turns out, the Avent one also does fab steamed artichokes!

LilacBump Fri 19-May-06 22:04:15

we got the avent microwave one. mostly because we had limited worktop space.

luboo Sat 20-May-06 16:44:35

Thanks! It looks like the microwave ones only do four bottles at a time. Is this right? If so, is this enough?

bresha Sat 20-May-06 17:42:13

it dose only take 4 bottles, id go for the plug in one it can take up 2 6, iv got a plug in one and a microwave one both avent, the plug in is much better,

helsi Sat 20-May-06 18:07:41

The Avemt electric one is great but first time round I used a MAWS microwave one. Takes 4 wide neck or 6 narrow neck bottles and all accessories. Micro one also handy as a cold water steriliser if you go away anywhere.

Both have their advantages in my opinion as I have used both.

nicnack2 Sat 20-May-06 18:09:16

had maws steriliser for ds1 for ds2 just use microwave bottles from mothercare. sterilises in 1.30 mins

RuthT Sun 21-May-06 19:49:37

Bought a microwave one and have not regretted it. The plug in ones took up too much space and were hideously expensive. My friends who had the plug in got it off friends who lent it to them! One of them beeps when it finishes so if you are in a small flat with a sensitive baby who wakes easily...

intergalacticwalrus Sun 21-May-06 19:50:53

We got a cheapo microwave steam one. It did the job. If you buy one, just make sure it fits in your microwave!

socks3 Sun 21-May-06 19:52:52

Definitely the microwave one. It doesn't take up room on your work surface, is usually quicker and is adequate size wise. It will be on a few times whatever kind you use. Selling one if interested!!

intergalacticwalrus Sun 21-May-06 19:53:13

btw, mine was a Tommee Tippee one that took up to 6 bottles. I used to get loads in there, 5 bottles and a breat pump, IIRC! The advantage with that one was that you could use it as a cold water steriliser if you went on holiday, or if you were away somewhere without a microwave. I think it came with 3 bottles.

luboo Mon 22-May-06 17:25:29

Thanks guys, that's pretty much made my mind up! Seems the microwave ones get the thumbs up and it also means I don't have to do away with the coffee maker to make room on my worktop!

Mfer Mon 22-May-06 18:18:58

Personal Preference whether you sterilise or not - I never did - but this post worth reading...
this

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: