Talk

Advanced search

TRIKE - Triang Baby Driver 3 - worth the cash?

(3 Posts)
bunyanvillas Thu 18-May-06 20:59:08

I'm thinking of getting a trike for my 16 month old and the Triang Baby Driver seems to get good reviews - but it's nearly £50!! Do people think it's a good buy? Would it last her a couple of years, do you think? I guess they go on to bikes from 3-ish? (Sorry if that's wrong - first-time mum!) Don't have loads of cash to spare, sadly, but am keen to get something sturdy, safe and practical. Thanks for any advice you can give!

LIZS Thu 18-May-06 21:03:22

Ours has done ds and dd , and is still in really good condition. dd still likes to ride it at 1 1/2 even though she also has a bike.

SqueakyCat Sun 21-May-06 19:58:55

we've had ours for 18mo now (since DS1 was 2). DS1 never used the straps, was steering immediately and pedalling since 2.5yrs. He's 3.5 now, and more-or-less outgrown it, though still has a go. DS2 (18mo) now using it with straps, pedal and steering lock. It's a bit like a substitute buggy in some ways (strap him in and push him along). I expect DC3 (unborn) to use it till 3 too, making 5 yrs of use, and then prob pass on to playgroup or friend.
It's been good and sturdy - the parent handle failed (we use on v rough ground round here) but was replaced free under warranty. It's in almost daily use on farm tracks, and is in good condition.
we love: parent handle (essential), straps and steering lock (essential under 2), bucket-thing at back (kids love putting their bits in it). we don't use: silly bag to put on parent handle.
Was a bit of a faff to assemble.
I've no idea how cheaper models compare.

Am currently failing to get round to getting DS1 a bike - I'd gues onto bikes + stabilisers at about 3 yrs old.

I'd say was good buy as will last several children therefore many years use. If your DD is expected to be an only, maybe something cheaper would do?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: