Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

An alternative to FLOAM - anyone know of one?

(8 Posts)
sparkler1 Thu 18-May-06 17:17:58

DD1 (6) keeps seeing this advertised on the tv and really wants some. I refused to pay £19 for the stuff.

Has anyone seen anything similar around please?

floam

Twiglett Thu 18-May-06 17:20:33

it doesn't work and it smells .. wish I could search for threads .. there's somewhere online that gives a recipe for it

I just keep telling DS (5) about the evils of advertising (I should know used to do it for a living) and that it doesn't work and they're just making it look fun so they can get our money to buy themselves things

foxinsocks Thu 18-May-06 17:22:15

yes I have used this ad as a lesson in the evils of advertising to dd and ds!

southeastastra Thu 18-May-06 18:01:26

I really hate that floam advert, all those garish colours! It looks like its made of polystyrene balls coated in thick coloured goo. I like fimo clay!

Twiglett Thu 18-May-06 18:32:17

it is made of poylstyrene balls coated in goo .. no seriously . that's what it is

cod Thu 18-May-06 18:33:12

Message withdrawn

jura Fri 19-May-06 13:06:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

chjlly Fri 19-May-06 13:07:50

I found some in a shop in eastleigh for quiet cheap I think - I will look for you next time I go there

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: