Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

SANDPIT FROM LIDL - THOUGHT IT WAS A BARGAIN - VERY DISAPPOINTED

(13 Posts)
sparkler1 Thu 18-May-06 13:07:10

I bought this

sandpit

for dds this morning. Saw it in the Lidl leaflet the other day and rushed down this morning to pick it up. Bargain for £19.99 instead of £37.99. Even has a waterproof cover.

Brought it home - took it out of box. The quality of it was brilliant, very strong plastic (kind of like the Little Tikes stuff). Started putting the sides altogether and then realised that there is no base. What use is that?

Going to return it tomorrow.

TinyGang Thu 18-May-06 13:09:06

No base? That's no good is it - what a shame

sparkler1 Thu 18-May-06 13:09:40

Maybe it's just me? Do all sandpits come like this? We had a shell one before that had a lid that you could use as a paddling pool. Guess I'm just used to that.

sparkler1 Thu 18-May-06 13:10:28

Tinygang - it was a surround rather than a proper sandpit.

JackieNo Thu 18-May-06 13:11:12

I've seen some in catalogues that try to sell it as a benefit, ie, 'no base so any water can drain away'. But no need for that if this one has a cover.

scotlou Thu 18-May-06 13:12:06

Could you not put a bit of garden liner under it?

sparkler1 Thu 18-May-06 13:13:20

hmm don't know what to do. Guess it would be okay. Was going to put it on the patio where the other was but I guess it would be better on the grass? What do you think?
I feel very misled though.

SoupDragon Thu 18-May-06 13:13:33

Wooden ones usually have no base. I stapled that weed supressing membrane onto the bottom.

sparkler1 Thu 18-May-06 13:13:58

scotlou - I could do couldn't I? Shall speak to dh later and see what treasures he has laying around in the garage

brimfull Thu 18-May-06 13:24:05

we just bought the excavator/digger thing for ds,dh is trying to put it together as we speak.Hope it turns out ok ,as ds has longed for one of these .

sparkler1 Thu 18-May-06 17:08:31

ggirl I saw those. Where do you plan to use it? I take it you didn't get the sandpit then?

brimfull Thu 18-May-06 17:24:05

no didn't get the sandpit.He's been using it this afternoon in a patch of dirt behind the shed.
Took ages to out together but seems good quality for the price,as we were looking at john deere ones for £70.00!

brimfull Thu 18-May-06 17:24:12

no didn't get the sandpit.He's been using it this afternoon in a patch of dirt behind the shed.
Took ages to out together but seems good quality for the price,as we were looking at john deere ones for £70.00!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: