Talk

Advanced search

which is the best toilet training seat?

(8 Posts)
NottsMum Thu 18-May-06 12:47:18

If you're reading this then you're probably thinking a seat is a seat! Well actually with DD1 I discovered that no, they're not. I bought a mothercare one for her but found that 60% of the time she somehow managed to wee horizontally and the wee went straight over the top of the guard!

So I just wondered whether any mums with daughters had a suggestion. DD2 is very interested in the toilet so I'm keen to keep up her interest!

Thanks.

DumbledoresGirl Thu 18-May-06 12:51:35

I have 2 - one with a guard and one without. The one with the gurad is infinitely better as it makes the child spread their legs wide enough for the wee to have a clear passage down.

Unfortunately, my current user of the seat, ds3, has a deformity in his willy and wees everywhere unless he holds it down (and sometimes even then) but on the whole I would say a seat with a guard is best. I wonder why your dd1 had problems?

WigWamBam Thu 18-May-06 12:57:19

My dd was just the same - she would wee, and it would sail across the seat in an arc and land on the carpet. Or my feet!

We got one of these seats, it's a standard toilet seat with a child's seat that sits inside it. It's big enough that she felt safe sitting quite far back, and she found it easier to open her legs wide when she was further back on the seat. It completely eliminated the problem for us.

SaintGeorge Thu 18-May-06 12:58:49

Same design as we had WWB - only ours was plastic and about £3. Trying to recall where we bought it.

NottsMum Thu 18-May-06 13:18:09

WWB - I have wondered about the 2 in 1 but can't spend £30 at the mo. Glad to hear it resolved the problem. So SG, if you can remember where you bought yours that would be great!

SaintGeorge Thu 18-May-06 13:33:40

Remembered - Toys R Us

WigWamBam Thu 18-May-06 14:08:35

Here's the ToysRUs one.

NottsMum Thu 18-May-06 15:33:00

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: