Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

Boys shoes, well trainers really, do you still get feet measured ?

(9 Posts)
nutcracker Thu 18-May-06 12:45:58

Ds needs new trainers but also really needs his feet measuring as it's been ages.

Just wondered wether people get the trainers from Clarks or just get the feet measured and then buy trainers from elsewhere ??

It's so much easier when they can tell you if they fit or not.

nutcracker Thu 18-May-06 12:46:55

Clarks don't have much choice of trainers, some of them are awful.

charliecat Thu 18-May-06 12:47:49

other shops have people who will tell you whether its fitting right or not

PinkKerPlink Thu 18-May-06 12:48:07

I just make him try them on the shop and mainpulate the trainer myself to see if it fits

nutcracker Thu 18-May-06 12:50:30

Do they Charlie, where ??

I get so paranoid that they are too big or small , and he sometimes gets ingrowing nails because his toes are so chubby.

Blimey i cna get stressed over this.

PinkKerPlink Thu 18-May-06 12:52:06

you can always go for a size up aswell, so you know they have plenty of room

charliecat Thu 18-May-06 12:52:34

little shoe shops any where! , they might not say oh hes a 9f or whatever but they will get a foot measure and try a few pairs on and advise you of the one that would be best.

nutcracker Thu 18-May-06 12:53:08

Ok will try normal shops first then i think, as can't really afford Clarks right now anyway.

gingernut Thu 18-May-06 12:54:56

I buy the Clarkes ones because ds1 had wide feet and I prefer to get them fitted properly. And he isn't bothered yet about how they look. He lives in them though so I reckon it's worth paying a bit more for them. You can check yourself though - just manipulate them they way they do in shops, make sure there's plenty of room width-wise and in the length and that they fit well at the ankle (not slipping off as he walks).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: