Talk

Advanced search

Washing powders??? Which one?

(10 Posts)
frodofitz Thu 18-May-06 12:39:14

I have had some clothes given in preperation for the bambino in August and knew i had to wash them...got them in the machine and mind goes!!!
I have been given samples for fairy and Ariel sensitive...any other suggestions and once i choose a product will it be better to stick to that one and wash all babies clothes seperately?

Lio Thu 18-May-06 12:42:07

I'm pretty sure Ecover non-bio gets the Good Housekeeping thumbs up.

lahdeedah Thu 18-May-06 12:44:21

yes I use Ecover non-bio and it's good. I would do a an extra rinse on baby clothes to make sure you get rid of all of the detergent. no need to wash them seperately though I don't think - I never did.

peachyClair Thu 18-May-06 12:59:14

Ecover is great, I use the powder and if a stain is a bit stubborn just dampen it and dip it in the powder. Wash with the rest and its always gone. Love the stuff, and get to polish my halo too

franca70 Thu 18-May-06 14:01:29

Ecover. you may add some napisan for poo stained bodysuits

frodofitz Thu 18-May-06 14:07:55

Thank you everyone, now where do i buy the stuff? Asda, Boots??

lahdeedah Thu 18-May-06 14:12:59

I get mine in Tesco.

Napisan is fab, you'll definitely need some of that too.

frodofitz Thu 18-May-06 14:26:59

Thanks, is napisan a fluid like stain remover but specifically for babies?

peachyClair Thu 18-May-06 16:36:08

I get my ecover in Asda, napsian in wilkinsons (a bit of miltonds fluid can do the same job )

franca70 Fri 19-May-06 16:39:33

Napisan is a stain remover powder that kills germs even at low temperatures. I've always used it for the kids (not all the time, only when things get really soiled). My kids don't have particularly delicate skin. I find it at Sainsbury's in the baby stuff aisle so I guess it's commonly used for babies.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: