Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

Bloody hell does my dh have the worst taste ever in kids shoes?

(23 Posts)
megglevache Wed 17-May-06 09:10:55

Message withdrawn

melrose Wed 17-May-06 09:14:26

My friend bought her DS some with lights on and now he refuses to wear any other shoes....

sugarfree Wed 17-May-06 09:16:05

Don't start me on Dh and shoes!
He went out on Saturday to get school shoes and came back with lace ups for Ds2.Great,except Ds2 can't tie laces yet.
When he pointed that out I was told "Well,he'll learn!"
Guess who spent Saturday afternoon with a tearful 6 year old trying to teach shoe lace tying?And they're those silky type laces that you can't get a grip on.
Then Dh said,"Can't the teacher tie them after PE etc?"
D'uh!
Returning unworn shoes asap!
Give me strength.

megglevache Wed 17-May-06 09:18:12

Message withdrawn

threebob Wed 17-May-06 09:19:37

We need to see these shoes - have you a link.

Twiglett Wed 17-May-06 09:26:10

they do black shoes with lights in them

gold ... pmsl ...

milge Wed 17-May-06 09:29:38

3yo ds ended up with red and gold clarks trainers after a joint shopping trip with dh and I have successfully trained him to call them his "chav shoes". He is so proud of them.

megglevache Wed 17-May-06 10:18:53

Message withdrawn

MrsMills Wed 17-May-06 10:21:23

Goodness they are really bad

pepperpots Wed 17-May-06 10:23:20

oh bless probably isnt going to help but my friend (who is a dad) thinks they are fab

tortoiseshell Wed 17-May-06 10:24:43

pmsl!!!!!! Only a dad could choose those!

foxinsocks Wed 17-May-06 10:27:40

those are priceless

a few footballers used to wear gold boots - he probably thought he was being ultra trendy!

Bozza Wed 17-May-06 10:29:43

I have succesfully persuaded my DS that he is too old for lights trainers. He is 5. He got into the lights through the stupid shop assistant coming out with 3 pairs of trainers and banging the flashing pair on the ground. DS immediately refused to try any of the others. I now market the ones he has as "football trainers". My Dad thought the vile flashing lights ones with tongues of fire down the side were great.....

hunkercaribou Wed 17-May-06 10:31:25

Oh, they're vile!

DS1 has always had lights in his shoes because I think they're cute but bought him some Doodles on Monday and he won't wear his lights shoes now. I don't mind though as they're half the price [everybody's 'appy emoticon]

oliveoil Wed 17-May-06 10:34:47

I think they are nice

but then you all think I have hideous taste anyway judging by my Style threads

<<affronted>>

Jasnem Wed 17-May-06 10:53:11

They are terrible.
Never let a man buy kids shoes unsupervised. I can still remember my dad taking me to buy new school shoes aged 11. I convinced him that mum would let me have the blue stilletoes with white polka dots and little bows (this was 1982).
My mother was not impressed.

Jbck Wed 17-May-06 12:33:16

Looks like something Posh & Becks children would wear.

scotlou Wed 17-May-06 12:38:59

My ds has a pair of gold Clark's trainers (without lights though as he is 6!) I let him choose and that's what he picked. I hated them at first but quite like them now.

LIZS Wed 17-May-06 12:39:33

omg hideous !

JonesTheSteam Wed 17-May-06 12:40:38

Oooh - don't like them.

(Makes mental note about not asking DS which ones he likes when we go next!!!!!)

BettySpaghetti Wed 17-May-06 12:44:49

oooh dear, not nice!

DP got the children's feet measured recently at my request but I made him promise NOT to buy anything if their feet had grown as I would do it!

megglevache Wed 17-May-06 13:46:20

Message withdrawn

alexsmum Wed 17-May-06 13:51:14

ds1 has trainers with lights in-but thankfully just plain navy and red.It took me a week to buy them because every clarks shop/shop that sold clarks, that i went in only had gold or silver trainers in his size.yuk.
the ones he has are fine.he's 6 by the way and loves the flashing lights-should they have grown out of them by his age??

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: