Talk

Advanced search

Cosatto Duo Traveller?

(10 Posts)
Choccamocha Sun 14-May-06 09:32:15

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of this pushchair? We will be needing a double as ds will be just over 14 months when baby arrives. Have seen this and thought it looked a good option.

Choccamocha Mon 15-May-06 12:05:55

Bump

pooka Mon 15-May-06 12:22:54

Ummmm... afraid I hated mine. Handled like a tank and found shopping with it pretty hellish. But then I had a newborn and a 2.3 year old so dd rather heavy in the front.
Sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear!

Choccamocha Mon 15-May-06 12:29:41

No Pooka, that's great. I don't have small children, ds weighed over 20lbs at his 6 month weigh in. Rather have all the facts as I would guess I will have two fairly hefty toddlers in at somepoint. Thanks

pooka Tue 16-May-06 22:25:33

I have friends who have rated the Jane tandem and P&T E3. Must say I liked the narrowness of it, and didn't want P&T because the baby seemed like it was in a luggage compartment!
TBH I think there is no such thing as a perfect pram, and my choices were easier because dd was nearly old enough for a buggy board anyway. Not sure whether the duo lite(?) would be better than the duo traveller....

Choccamocha Wed 17-May-06 12:16:17

I'm really trying to find something that both babies will be comfortable in. I liked the look of the Cosatto as the front seat had two positions. The Cosatto duo lite only has one position.
I need something narrower than 75cm to get through my extremely narrow outer dooors. Can't entertain the P&T as it looks so uncomfortable. Was looking at some side by sides and wondering if I could tilt them slightly to get through the door. That in itself is not ideal, but better than trying to get two little ones in it outside while it's raining and cold.
Ah well back to the drawing board. Thanks again for your input.

saadia Wed 17-May-06 21:00:32

I used this as well and as I'm short found the handle a tad too high. Also found with ds2 in the back when he was tiny that even when strapped in he slid around and ended up lying totally lopsided but despite these factors I would rather be with it than without.

Choccamocha Fri 19-May-06 11:49:24

Thanks Saadia. The back part was one of the things that was swinging the duo for me. It seemed so cocooned and safe. Never thought the baby would be swimming about in the back.
Thanks again.
Anyone else any experiences/opinions please?

pegasus Sun 21-May-06 13:05:18

I have a 2 year old and a 4 month old and I'm sorry to say that I don't think there is a double buggy out there that would keep both of them comfortable for as long as they need to be in a double buggy - approx. ages 4 and 2 (- I currently have my toddler in a single buggy and my baby in a sling - eventually we will swap to toddler on buggy board and baby in single buggy).

Tandems tend to be too heavy to push with the toddler in the front and when the baby grows it has no leg room. Side-by-sides are either too wide to get through doors or so narrow that your toddler is squashed well before they hit 4 years old. 3-wheelers (eg. Jane Powertwin) seem to have little leg room for the toddler in the front and they end up with either their knees under their chins or their feet on the wheel. Also many double buggies say that they are only suitable to age 3 anyway which isn't great if you need one past that age. The P & T is a new idea that means that you have a single or a double and it isn't as heavy as a normal tandem because the toddler is in a normal single buggy position however the baby can't see much and as it grows it has no leg room and you need pannier bags if you want to carry shopping. Basically I think you have to make a judgment call on what you will sacrifice - space for the toddler, space for the baby, being able to get through doors, lightness, etc. Sorry I couldn't recommend anything but HTH

Choccamocha Wed 24-May-06 11:35:16

Thanks Pegasus - Having had a quick look in a couple of shops yesterday, I think you are right. I'm just going to have to weigh up the pros and cons and see as many as I can to make an informed decision.
I will just hope then that I've got it right. I've got plenty of time anyway. Thanks again

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: