Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

'Wraps' for swaddling a newborn

(15 Posts)
kayzed Sat 13-May-06 22:23:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NotAnOtter Sat 13-May-06 22:29:16

i use John Lewis cotbed sheets folded in half...i swaddle everytime!

misdee Sat 13-May-06 22:30:20

just a baby blanket for us.

arfy Sat 13-May-06 22:41:05

I can't remember what they're called but they had them in the big Mothercare near me - can't find them on the website though

Blooming Marvellous have this

a moot point for us as DD furiously resisted any kind of swaddling!

kayzed Sat 13-May-06 22:54:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LeahE Sat 13-May-06 23:02:06

We just used a baby blanket or a sheet to begin with, then used the Miracle Blanket once DS started being able to break out of them.

arfy Sat 13-May-06 23:02:48

Miracle Blanket - that's the one I saw

giddy1 Sat 13-May-06 23:28:35

Message deleted

hockeymum Sun 14-May-06 07:42:20

Try ebay - I got my fleece newborn swaddle wrap new on there a couple of months ago. It has velcro to hold it in place, and even has a little slit at the back so you can use it in a pushchair or a car seat (handy as ds hates being open and exposed in his pushchair) the only trouble is that with it being fleece it is a little hot this week and would be better for an autumn/wnter/spring baby. I swaddle him at night in a small cot sheet and make sure that the edge is under him so it doesnt come loose.

KTeePee Sun 14-May-06 08:23:26

I had the one from Blooming Marvellous - thought it was good - ds2 was my only winter baby so didn't really swaddle the others too much as it was too hot.

SoupDragon Sun 14-May-06 09:11:33

Not a wrap but a book It's very cute! A friend gave it to me as a Christmas present.

zippitippitoes Sun 14-May-06 09:12:30

does anyone swaddle their baby and hang it on the wall?

Munz Sun 14-May-06 09:15:13

we use a blanket as well the hospital showed me how to do it nice and tightly. Joey can't sleep if his arms are free as he has a tendancy to keep slapping himself in the face!

sparky70 Mon 22-May-06 15:00:03

I used a bug in a rug not exactly swaddle but really handy. I used it all the time actually not just for sleep.

hockeymum Mon 22-May-06 16:19:09

If anyone wants one of these, I have one on the for sale board at the moment

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: