Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

when internet shopping goes horribly wrong-- where to turn?

(8 Posts)
bebejam Thu 11-May-06 21:43:24

Would really appreciate your ideas and advice on this one..

I purchased a christening dress from a company called Sundaybest.com. The dress arrived late (not to mentioned it was snagged, even if it had arrived when promised). I wasn't too concerned as the website states a fairly good return policy.

Anyway, 2 months, several unanswered e-mails and phone calls...still no refund. Complete silence from the company, and I'm not sure what to do next. I shop the internet all the time and have always had suberb experiences and dealt with great customer service.

What do you do when you stumble onto a dud?

Rhubarb Thu 11-May-06 21:52:12

There is an internet company watchdog thing here that might help. Does the company have an address and telephone number?

bebejam Thu 11-May-06 22:04:50

rhubarb, thanks so much for the link.

yes, both a phone and address.

I call the phone number, and it I usually get an automated message that the answer service is "full"... or I do get through to leave a message- but never hear back.

The address is in Northampton, nowhere near me unfortunately.

There should be a "watchdog" thread on mumsnet, where members can name and shame who done them wrong so other mnetters can avoid the same sad story.

gigglinggoblin Thu 11-May-06 22:06:27

trading standards? even if they cant do anything themselves they would probably be able to give you advice

Jbck Thu 11-May-06 22:42:10

I presume this is their head office you could try getting a number & stuff for them. The contact address comes up as web designers rather than the company. There is an out of hours number here . Hope you get something from them.

Jbck Thu 11-May-06 22:47:13

Oh & here's an alternative email contact too gspsb@aol.com . Director is a Greg Poulson of the registered office address. Tel per 192.com is the out of hours number.

bebejam Wed 17-May-06 14:07:12

jbck-

thanks for taking the trouble to find that information (great sleuthing skills!)

...it is just sooooo frusterating when a company does you wrong, and you feel so helpless to do anything about it.

thanks again!

bebejam Wed 17-May-06 14:09:38

... would also highly recommend that mumsnetters avoid similar aggrevation and not buy christening/baptism/special occasion wear from Sundaybest.com

just not worth the tremendous hassle if something doesn't arrive/ or arrives damaged!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: