Talk

Advanced search

Problems assembling cosy coupe car!

(25 Posts)
tattyteddy Sun 18-Nov-12 22:10:14

I've just got DD a cosy coupe, but really struggling to assemble it! sad

The particular bit I'm struggling with is putting the yellow two front roof supports in, both my husband and I've given up for the night now after about 30 mins. Has anyone got any tips in getting the buggers clipped in? Xx

GooseEnthusiast Sun 18-Nov-12 22:12:59

Brute force. I has just keep on whacking the roof with a hammer to get them to pop in.

Good luck!grin

tattyteddy Sun 18-Nov-12 22:15:43

Thanks goose, shall try again tomorrow. That or bin the stupid thing! Why have they made it so difficult to assemble? X

BeingPolite Sun 18-Nov-12 22:20:15

I agree!! It took me nearly 5 hours to assemble ours after I put a screw in the wrong places rendering it unusable. I spent most of that time trying to lever it back out. I almost gave up too. I would definitely buy second hand next time and let someone else do the hard work.
Sorry that's not at all helpful!

Minimaxkids Sun 18-Nov-12 22:21:30

And wait till you get to the steering wheel. Ruddy thing.

Minimaxkids Sun 18-Nov-12 22:21:53

And wait till you get to the steering wheel. Ruddy thing.

Minimaxkids Sun 18-Nov-12 22:22:09

See, it's that bad!

SchroSawMummyRidingSantaClaus Sun 18-Nov-12 22:23:42

I agree with Brute force. DS doesn't have one yet but he has the Cozy Coupe bed It was hell to put up and the roof was the worst part.

<cries at the memory>

tattyteddy Mon 19-Nov-12 19:17:05

Oh no, I was hoping there was some tips for easy assembly! I also think or door is faulty as the latch doesn't really seem to secure it? confused

SchroSawMummyRidingSantaClaus Mon 19-Nov-12 19:29:22

Judging by DS's bed I think (if the cars are the same) they are actually a bit flimsy.

nancerama Mon 19-Nov-12 19:35:37

I started assembling DS's last weekend. DM bought it for him for Christmas, but has decided that I need to do the building.

I assembled all the bottom half and then decided to stop because my brain was hurting. I shall be moving onto the roof this weekend. In the meantime I have been googling for tips. Apparently it slots together much more easily if you heat the plastic with a hair dryer to make it softer. I shall attempt this and report back.

I assumed there would be some assembly involved, but I had no clue it would come in several thousand pieces and would require a screwdriver, hammer and drill to assemble it!!!

tattyteddy Mon 19-Nov-12 20:08:42

Nancerama, I started building it Friday last week, I'm stuck on the yellow front bits. Why on earth does it have so many pieces? I'm sure they could make the product easy to assemble! I've made wardrobes etc that are easy and quicker to assemble than that flaming car!

Yes please keep me posted on your progress, I think in going to try brute force on it in a minute. Also I think I may have read that fairy liquid or Vaseline may help? Not used these yet but will try if brute force doesn't work! grin

AnyaKnowIt Mon 19-Nov-12 20:10:30

Brute force and lots of swearing

tattyteddy Sat 24-Nov-12 20:59:46

Finished building the cosy coupe, yippee!

Only taken for grown adults and two weeks grin

AnyaKnowIt Sat 24-Nov-12 21:02:34

WooHoo wine

nancerama Sat 24-Nov-12 21:28:53

I'm off to DM's house tomorrow for round 2...

memphis83 Sat 24-Nov-12 21:42:39

I agree with brute force and it will eventually pop in....but whatever you do make sure you remember to put all the wheel caps on before you secure wheels as I missed one and after the roof support trauma I cried like a baby!
To make it worse ds wouldn't play with it so after 6 months of it mocking me I sold it!

bonzo77 Sat 24-Nov-12 21:52:06

Ours nearly caused a divorce.

ISpyPlumPie Sat 24-Nov-12 22:04:14

Last Christmas Eve was incredibly fraught as we had stupidly left it until then to start assembling it. Managed to get it done with the help of a video on youtube, sheer brute force and determination that it would be ready for when DS was up. It's still missing a hubcap though as we put something irreversable on in the wrong order.

tattyteddy Sat 24-Nov-12 22:17:34

My DH has said that the trick was keeping it still when you're putting in the front yellow roof supports. He also said it didn't need much force and used his foot!

The rest of it wasn't too bad and we used the you tube guide rather than the paper instructions. Good luck tomorrow Nanacerama.

After all the effort it's taken DD better luv the car! smile

nancerama Sun 25-Nov-12 19:18:14

I'm done. Kind of. Mangled the head in a couple of those stupidly long screws that hold the roof on. Off to the hardware shop to buy replacements this week.

tattyteddy Sun 25-Nov-12 19:41:43

Well done for finishing it. The screws should have ready made holes so you know where to put them! X

nancerama Sun 25-Nov-12 20:01:13

We had the special edition blue one with union jack roof. Only dimples where the screws should go - no actual holes.

And the left abs right markings on the front wheel axels were in a different place from the instructions and totally obscured once the wheels were on. Genius...

tattyteddy Sun 25-Nov-12 21:36:13

We've just got the the red and yellow one.

On a positive not my DD loves the car! smile

joseph1234 Tue 17-Jan-17 19:07:40

I was just wondering if the one I bought is defective, as I can't for the sake of god get the stirring wheel into place.
I pushed it and forced it but it just doesn't get into place; Has anyone had this issue?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now