Talk

Advanced search

Little table & chairs set for 18mo - recommendations?

(8 Posts)
ScampiFriesRuleOK Sun 18-Nov-12 13:44:24

I've got a clear idea in my mind of the type of thing that Santa wants to bring my DS for xmas - I just can't seem to find the right thing online for some reason. I've checked all the obvious places (Ikea, John Lewis etc) but can't seem to see anything to fit the bill (probably not looking properly as usual though).

Ideally we want something small (space is at a premium), wooden, square, suitable for drawing at and the odd teatime sandwich. With two small chairs or preferably stools to go with it.

The only thing I've seen that fits those requirements exactly is branded with Peppa Pig - we want to steer clear of merchandising if poss. So just something plain wood, or primary colours.

Why is this so tricky to find I wonder? Surely some of you must have just the type of thing and can make me a recommendation please!

SlightlySuperiorPeasant Sun 18-Nov-12 14:58:18

I got a set exactly like that for £15 from IKEA. Here.

Mibby Sun 18-Nov-12 15:03:23

We've got the Ikea Kritter ones. Very hardwearing and easily cleanable

derekthehamster Sun 18-Nov-12 15:04:35

We had a set from Ikea too. Lasted years, and we painted it when it got a bit grubby grin

mejon Sun 18-Nov-12 21:09:07

We have the set that SlightlySuperiorPeasant has linked to. It is now in its 4th or 5th year and still in use. I covered the table top and chair in fablon-type stuff in a funky design. When it gets grubby, just peel it off and use another design.

musttidyupBeforeSantaComes Sun 18-Nov-12 21:12:53

We have a lovely set from John Lewis which is still fab 5 years on. I have the round table and the animal chairs but there are other options.

ScampiFriesRuleOK Sun 18-Nov-12 21:13:15

Thanks all. Brill advice. I took another look at Ikea and in the end plumped for the Kritter set.
Can't wait for delivery now (and the christmas eve assembly of said items). I'm sure he'll love them.

Mibby Mon 19-Nov-12 19:33:25

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now