Talk

Advanced search

tablets can anyone suggest one

(3 Posts)
addictedtolatte Fri 16-Nov-12 22:35:08

hi am looking at buying a tablet but find theres too much choice i cant seem to pick one. am planning on using a myfi can anyone recomend one. it will only be getting used for browsing and shopping thanks

chicaguapa Fri 16-Nov-12 22:43:38

I can only recommend what I'm using now, which the new Microsoft one -the Surface. It's not cheap @ £479 but it's the same price as the iPad.

It's more of a tablet/laptop than an apps tablet as it runs Windows with Office, but it supports websites with flash (though not all of them) and the apps shop is growing every day. I don't think it'll ever compete with the iPad on that front though, but it's not supposed to. The way Windows 8 (RT)works negates the need for apps really.

I don't know anything about the cheaper ones like Kindle Fire etc. But there are plenty of people who are on here that do. Just wanted to put in a good word for the Surface as it's only just out so there aren't many about.

addictedtolatte Sat 17-Nov-12 08:56:36

thanks chica i will have a look at them today

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: