Talk

Advanced search

tablets can anyone suggest one

(3 Posts)
addictedtolatte Fri 16-Nov-12 22:35:08

hi am looking at buying a tablet but find theres too much choice i cant seem to pick one. am planning on using a myfi can anyone recomend one. it will only be getting used for browsing and shopping thanks

chicaguapa Fri 16-Nov-12 22:43:38

I can only recommend what I'm using now, which the new Microsoft one -the Surface. It's not cheap @ £479 but it's the same price as the iPad.

It's more of a tablet/laptop than an apps tablet as it runs Windows with Office, but it supports websites with flash (though not all of them) and the apps shop is growing every day. I don't think it'll ever compete with the iPad on that front though, but it's not supposed to. The way Windows 8 (RT)works negates the need for apps really.

I don't know anything about the cheaper ones like Kindle Fire etc. But there are plenty of people who are on here that do. Just wanted to put in a good word for the Surface as it's only just out so there aren't many about.

addictedtolatte Sat 17-Nov-12 08:56:36

thanks chica i will have a look at them today

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now