Talk

Advanced search

Baby bath product - non drying

(10 Posts)
littlemissbrum Thu 15-Nov-12 20:52:51

Every detergent I put in the bath dries my baby's skin. Has anyone found one that doesn't?

tilder Thu 15-Nov-12 20:59:15

I don't use one. Dc 1 and 2 get eczema and Dr said not to use one until (from memory) around 1ish. I did use baby oil in the water for a bit but made him so slippery I nearly dropped him. Oops.

You can get emolients (sp?) From the Dr to go in the water if it helps?

Bunbaker Thu 15-Nov-12 21:01:33

Babies don't need anything other than just water.

Pascha Thu 15-Nov-12 21:01:52

All the commercial ones do dry bsby skin terribly. Try Oilatum bath emollient, you can buy it at Boots etc, its what GPs tend to prescribe to start with for dry skin/baby eczema. Don't use any other kind of soap in the bath.

Actually if you're finding baby skin is dry generally have a chat with the GP and ask them to prescribe that and some skin grease such as Hydromol to use as a daily barrier anyway. It makes a huge difference.

NuzzleandScratch Thu 15-Nov-12 21:02:56

Oilatum is good, particularly recommended for children with eczema I believe. But oily round the bath though!

NuzzleandScratch Thu 15-Nov-12 21:03:48

X post!

Pascha Thu 15-Nov-12 21:04:47

grin Very oily. Makes my skin super-smooth and ruins any bubbles I try to put in afterwards for myself...

stinkinseamonkey Thu 15-Nov-12 21:07:28

don't use any

littlemissbrum Fri 16-Nov-12 06:51:38

Thanks! Will get some oilatum. Got away without using any for a while, but he's five months and gets a bit smelly. Coconut oil for moisturising is brilliant, but all bath stuff leaves him too dry.

Jackie432 Tue 20-Nov-12 10:21:06

I also have the same problem with my LO. Did you try Oilatum? Would you recommend it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now