Talk

Advanced search

Mega Bloks, Duplo or Playmobil?

(6 Posts)
PrettyPrinceofDarkness Mon 29-Oct-12 18:06:26

Which is best? DS is 18 months and already has a fair amount of mega bloks. I'm considering selling it off and switching to Playmobil or duplo. I like the idea of Lego when he's older so is it best to get Duplo as it baby Lego? Should I stick with mega bloks?

I just get the impression that Duplo and Playmobil have better sets so will keep him interested longer.

MooMa42o Mon 29-Oct-12 18:12:32

We started off with mega blocks as they are easy to play with but after a while you are very limited with what you can do, we went for duplo & the children love it, they are 3 & 4 & they both play for hours on end with it.

5madthings Mon 29-Oct-12 18:15:06

Mine love duplo, my elder ones have masses of lego but duplo still gets played with as well.

I would think 18mths is a bit young for playmobile tho i think they do a toddler range? Not a fan of playmobile tbh but lego is a classic timeless toy smile

PrettyPrinceofDarkness Mon 29-Oct-12 18:59:06

Thanks for the replies. To be honest I'm leaning towards Duplo as I loved Lego as a kid. DS loves the mega bloks at the moment, but I just feel as though he'll outgrow them as they don't seem very versatile. They are great for little hands to manage though.

MooMa42o Tue 30-Oct-12 14:23:50

yes the mega blocks are a great starting point but quickly outgrown....go for the duplo you will not regret it ;)

Treelore Tue 06-Nov-12 13:11:20

Duplo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now