Talk

Advanced search

Netbooks - Reccomendations please

(7 Posts)
TheOriginalNutcracker Fri 12-Oct-12 12:54:43

I need it to be under £200, for homework to be able to be done on it, so some sort of package for that, and then just general use of social networiing, you tube, and similar.

Ideally would like it available in 2 different colours, but that's not essential.

Have looked at the Asus one for £179 on the Argos site, but reviews are mixed, so any opinions on that one, greatfully recieved.

Longdistance Fri 12-Oct-12 13:00:12

My db had an Asus, and he liked it. Although, it is basic as. So if you're not expecting much then fine.

I can recommend NOT getting a Samsung. I bought one last year, and it was very slow. Now have an iPad which is fab.

TheOriginalNutcracker Fri 12-Oct-12 13:03:05

An ipad is what they would really like longdistance smile.

The basic thing is what I am most worried about. At the moment they share a laptop which is past it's best, but i'm worried that after a laptop, a netbook won't cut the mustard.

I could get one new laptop between them, but i'd rather them not have to share one really.

brass Fri 12-Oct-12 13:07:58

we have an acer and a samsung. both refurbished A1 models (which means as new but opened box).

both work well, no issues with speeds. I always choose the pentium processor. If you need software you can download OpenOffice for free it is a suite of apps like MS Office and can open any word, excel, powerpoint etc docs.

brass Fri 12-Oct-12 13:11:07

if it's for h/w ipad will not be great for documents and printing etc as no usb port (we have an ipad too)

netbooks great for kids, good size, can do everything laptop does

TheOriginalNutcracker Fri 12-Oct-12 13:11:23

Thank's brass. By the sound of it, they would be ok then.

That openoffice sounds great. I shall make a note of that.

brass Fri 12-Oct-12 13:13:43

yes it does everything ms office does. very easy to download and install and really similar layout/toolbars etc and FREE.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now