Talk

Advanced search

What is the difference between Kidizoom cameras?

(4 Posts)
accessorizequeen Wed 10-Oct-12 22:47:05

Want to buy 2, but can't figure out if there's a difference between the Twist and the Plus?
Ocado have the twist for £27 which would be great, but not if it's crap.
Amazon have Kidizoom plus for a lot more but say the Twist is the newer model. Am totally confused as the specs are the same.
For 6yo and 4yo boys. Would prefer the photo quality wasn't completely crap for the 6yo. Thanks!

A friend got kids' cameras for twins and they lasted about 3 months. I think they were VTech, but I'm not 100% sure.

Our eldest got a "proper" camera for her 4th and it's had no problems. Our youngest will also get a "proper" camera for her 4th.

Something like this should last them ages as long as it is looked after.

uberalice Thu 11-Oct-12 11:59:10

We've had two. The second one was the plus. Both a waste of money in my opinion. The picture quality is dire and they were really only used for the games, which weren't even that good.

accessorizequeen Thu 11-Oct-12 20:00:05

Thanks for your comments. I did buy a normal camera for my 8yo's birthday last year and he's barely touched it. He prefers his ds for taking photos!

I think I'd trust my 6yo with a normal camera but not the 4yo, it'd be trashed in no time. I have 2 4 year olds and wouldn't trust either with a lovely camera like that!! Clearly I have rough dc smile

I did look up the reviews and there are people who say the same thing but also lots of positive feedback and my 4yo has happily played with one at a friend's house recently. They're both used to my iphone which they steal to take snaps. I think something like that is going to have a lot more appeal. Don't know now, any other opinions?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now