Talk

Advanced search

Miele vacuum cleaner - which one?

(8 Posts)
BeatTheClock Tue 02-Oct-12 14:25:22

I'm veering towards a Miele. I searched on here and everyone says they're good. Saw them on QVC yesterday (yes I actually tuned in to watch a vacuum cleaner showblush) and they look good.

But which one?confused Cat/dog is mentioned often and I have cats.

I prefer uprights but the cylinder ones seem to have more powerful motors. Does it matter?

Do the bags cost a lot? I'm coming to the end of my relationship with Dyson. No bag was the upside, but it weighs an absolute ton and the hose doesn't stretch up the stairs. Are Mieles light and do the hoses on the uprights stretch to the top of the stairs?

Will I be able to vacuum under my sofas which have approx 3" space under them? Dyson do a Flat Head Floor tool for this sort of thing but apart from that I don't really want another Dyson.

I have now confused myselfgrin

yani Wed 03-Oct-12 11:56:18

Hi, I have a Miele Cat & Dog, it is about 2 years old now.

Good things:
Rotating (hair) head brush thing is excellent. No pets but I have two DD who seem to moult all the time!
Small & powerful
Bags easy to change
Lots of attachments for hard-to-reach places.
Long cord.

Bad things:
It won't fit under your sofa
Bags seem to fill up quickly. (I vacuum every day - messy DD's)

Erm, can't think of anything else at the moment smile
HTH

BeatTheClock Wed 03-Oct-12 12:03:57

Thank you yanismile Is yours an upright and do you find the bags expensive?

yani Wed 03-Oct-12 12:12:50

No, it's a pull-along one (I'm very technical, me!)
Bags aren't too bad. I tend to buy in bulk, maybe once or twice a year.
Amazon, ebay etc all sell them.

I bought it on the strength of a mn discussion. People were raving about them grin

bramblina Thu 04-Oct-12 23:13:50

I agree with yani's list of pros and cons but still rave about my cat & dog....it's brilliant and I will never have another make of vacuum. I hate Dysons.
I buy the bags from Miele, about £9 for 5...? But we don't wear shoes in the house, I don't vacuum every day, the cat is only allowed in the kitchen and the dog died in Feb so I make mine last pmsl!!!

BeatTheClock Fri 05-Oct-12 08:42:16

grin

Thank you both!

Helennn Fri 05-Oct-12 08:44:37

I use the black upright one at work. It is very good and manoeuverable , but very heavy. Def. try before you buy if you can.

BeatTheClock Fri 05-Oct-12 09:04:49

I was worried they might be heavy. Need to get to a shop to try.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now