Talk

Advanced search

shoes from hotter.com - anybody tried them?

(19 Posts)
Ponders Tue 14-Feb-12 20:53:20

I saw an ad on TV this afternoon & have been looking on the website - they look really good but I'd love to hear any personal recommendations smile

CMOTDibbler Tue 14-Feb-12 20:56:00

My mum wears Hotter, and describes them as the most comfortable shoes ever

Ponders Tue 14-Feb-12 21:00:31

ooh, thanks, CMOT!

they look lovely in the photos, & are leather-lined, padded etc

& they come in extra-wide (I have very big feet)

CMOTDibbler Tue 14-Feb-12 21:03:26

Mums feet are vv wide too. Hotter seems well made as some of her pairs have been going years (though she can't walk much now)

Ponders Tue 14-Feb-12 21:05:00

you have convinced me smile

LowRegNumber Tue 14-Feb-12 21:05:59

I went in under orders to buy two pairs as I work standing iyswim. My lovely mother was to foot the bill (tiddy boom) however not one pair in any style fit me! They were dreadful tbh, I am a normal ish ladies 6/7 med/wide fit but couldn't even get straps to go over thee top of my feet! I finally found one pair that were sort of ok (and the assistant convinced me would give enough) only to find I couldn't buy that pair I had to order them and wait about three weeks.

Needless to say I gave up at that point and went home. A full hour of my life I will never get back!

MollyBroom Tue 14-Feb-12 21:07:28

With a name like hotter.com I was expecting to see stripper type shoes. Being valentines day I thought I would check it out. I was surprised.

Ponders Tue 14-Feb-12 21:20:26

yes, the name is a bit weird, Molly grin

LRN, they have shops?

startail Tue 14-Feb-12 21:32:02

DSIS loved in a pair of hotter sandals last summer, she reported they were very comfy.

startail Tue 14-Feb-12 21:33:27

Lived it's obviously the effect of the date.
Or half a bottle of rosé bubblesblush

dearprudence Tue 14-Feb-12 21:37:02

They are the opposite of stripper shoes. My sister bought some and has been duly mocked, for being an old lady before her time, but she says they are very comfy. But that's really all they've got going for them IMO.

Ponders Tue 14-Feb-12 21:39:29

grin startail!

I've just placed an order, & then discovered I could have got 10% discount by using a code from the "TV" link page

& then discovered I could also have got 8% cashback via Top Cashback

grrr

have emailed to request the 10% be taken off retrospectively. don't think I can also get the cashback though sad

MessNessPess Tue 14-Feb-12 21:39:45

I order online and have 4 Paris of boots which are fab, I have 7/8 wide feet.

MessNessPess Tue 14-Feb-12 21:40:14

6 pairs

Ponders Tue 14-Feb-12 21:41:36

but when you get older comfort is easily the most important thing about shoes, prudence! (especially when you have large broad feet with ridiculously high instep)

inmysparetime Tue 14-Feb-12 21:41:58

I have hotter shoes for work as I'm on my feet all day. They are comfy, a bit pricey but they last a long time (I do about 12000 steps a day and mine are still going strong after 2 years!)
I wouldn't go there looking for "girl's night out" shoes, but they are great work shoes, especially if you have wide feet.

Ponders Tue 14-Feb-12 21:43:07

which boots, MNP? I just ordered 1 pair of Jade extra wide (plus ankle zip so hope I can finagle my feet in)

PineCones Mon 05-Mar-12 18:27:52

yes, they're v comfy!

Karen2King Mon 10-Nov-14 11:29:36

There are alternatives out there for those that need wide fitting shoes or ones that are good for bunions etc if you don't want to wear shoes that are obviously Hotter shoes.

I highly recommend Meanfeet, they sell shoes online and through podiatrists, chiropodists etc and come with a no quibble guarantee so you send them back if they are not what you expected or you don't like them for whatever reason.

I have never returned a pair though, they are for too comfortable and although they do sell some that have "that look" of comfortable but not fashionable shoes they do also have some that look the same as the work shoes you would find in most shops. They are more expensive than your average shoes but so worth it and last for simply ages.

I tried Hotter but felt too much like I was trying on my Nan's shoes confused blush

Hope this helps someone out there, I found a link on here and that's how i found them so i thought i would return the favor grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now