Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

Mattress for newborn

(4 Posts)
Grommit Sun 02-Nov-03 16:00:39

Is there any reason why I can't use dd's moses basket mattress for new baby. I have washed the sponge side and wiped with Milton. I bought it new for dd1 and she opnly used it for about 10 weeks....

Hughsie Sun 02-Nov-03 16:22:10

I would say no - use it - it has only been in your family and you know its history. I have borrowed moses basket mattresses from friends and my sister where I know the history. they never get worn out and once washed - I dont see the problem with them. they dont provide brand new mattresses in hospitals do they???

SofiaAmes Sun 02-Nov-03 19:58:18

I reused ds's moses basket mattress for dd. It is a foam one, so I just stuck it in the washing machine.

lucy123 Sun 02-Nov-03 20:02:41

I did read somewhere that used matresses (and therefore moses baskets) are OK for subsequent siblings. Disn't say why - presumably because you know the history like Hughsie says (hasn't been kept in a damp room? don't know).

Unfortunatly can't for the life of me remember where I read it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: