Talk

Advanced search

Warm coats for winter?

(5 Posts)
skewiff Fri 07-Oct-11 14:23:40

Hello,

I am looking for a warm coat for DS for this winter. He is nearly 5 and has just started school.

Because he is in reception he'll be playing outside quite a bit and last year we bought him a cheap coat from Sainsbury's. It wasn't very good and he got a lot of colds from playing outside at nursery.

DS has mild cerebral palsy and is not good at putting lots of layers on or doing complicated fastenings. Could anyone advise on a really really warm coat that is nice fitting and not restrictive to movement.

I am looking at the classic warmest puffa jacket from GAP. Has anyone tried this one ?

Thank you.

GoodAndBluts Fri 07-Oct-11 14:25:34

Because of the bad winter we had last year I have bought my DC coats from Go Outdoors. They are lovely and thick, lined properly and have a removeable fleece layer as well. They are Regatta ones.

Try to steer clear of fashion shop ones as I fin they are not that warm.

accessorizequeen Fri 07-Oct-11 20:32:06

Just bought my ds (7) a gap warmest jacket and it's very light and warm, don't think it would restrict movement on him but he's quite wiry and skinny. DS3 has a secondhand one too but it seems a bit bulkier on him somehow. Can you take him to the shop and try it on? But just bear in mind that a down coat (as the gap jacket is) won't do in the wet, the down will get trashed so maybe won't do as an all year round jacket. It is very very warm as well. My ds can't be bothered with lots of layers either which is why I got it but he has a regatta one too for wet days.

There's a thread on warmest coats for dc in Style and Beauty at the moment that might give you some ideas.

lesstalkmoreaction Fri 07-Oct-11 20:35:33

The gap down coats are fab,really warm and are fine in the wet and snow and also wash well they just need a good shake as they dry to fluff up the feathers.

skewiff Fri 07-Oct-11 21:45:34

OK - thank you everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now