Talk

Advanced search

Cars for three children

(6 Posts)
clairefromsteps Fri 30-Sep-11 09:39:18

And two adults!

We currently have a Vectra which just about fits two backless boosters and a baby car seat. DD2 will be starting to use her sister's old booster seat in a couple of months - one of the ones with a back and sides - and no matter how much I push, I just can't get all three seats in the back. I'm not worried about what my car looks like, but it needs a nice wide back seat, a big boot and preferably not be prohibitively expensive when it comes to petrol, tax and insurance. We'll be buying second hand, so cars that are out of production are an option.

Someone recommended the Citreon Xsara Picasso before - has anyone had onee of these?

I'd be really grateful for any suggestions you may have!

moosemama Fri 30-Sep-11 09:45:23

We had a Xsara Picasso until dh got his company car (Nissan Qashqai) and it was great, couldn't fault it really. They aren't the most glamorous cars around, but very practical for a family of five and the walk-through aspect of the rear seats is invaluable when you need to get all three dcs out on one side of the car.

We looked at lots of people carriers and the Picasso was the best for leg room, height and boot space.

There are lot of them out there on the second hand car market and some of them have had a very hard life, so its worth viewing a few before choosing one. Some of the ones we looked at had extremely worn drivers' seats which is an indication that they've either been clocked, been around the clock a few times and/or been used as a taxi.

birdofthenorth Mon 03-Oct-11 19:26:41

Our Ford S Max is really wide with a giant boot for all your family crap items

weasle Tue 11-Oct-11 17:04:36

We also have a S Max and it is great. The extra seats are useful for occasional use for grandparents or friends, otherwise when they are folded up the boot is huge. our 3 dc fit in the second row with no trouble fastening seat belts.

Conkertree Tue 11-Oct-11 17:07:27

We have a renault megane scenic and it fits three seats well, with a pretty big boot, and the same walk across the back as Moosemama says with the picasso.

IHeartKingThistle Tue 11-Oct-11 17:09:11

Love my picasso! 3 in the back easy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now