Talk

Advanced search

Single bed for 10 yr old boy

(4 Posts)
Angelabdc Thu 29-Sep-11 23:32:24

Our son is at the stage where he needs a more grown up/teenage-y bedroom and I'm looking for a new single bed with plenty of storage. Something substantial which will last for the next few years with a possible change of mattress if need be.
I've had a look in Ikea and John Lewis but not really seen anything inspiring. All the models either seem too boring, too childish or too much like something for a Manhattan loft from the 1980's. I think ideally I'd like a cabin style bed with drawers underneath. Does anyone have any ideas?

Seona1973 Fri 30-Sep-11 22:42:47

have you looked at argos?

Angelabdc Sat 01-Oct-11 09:14:22

The bed he has at the moment is from Argos and I've had a few reservations about the quality of the mattress . However I'll have a look on their website, thanks. I could probably get a separate matress somewhere else.

mogs0 Wed 05-Oct-11 20:13:36

We're in a similar position. Ds is 9 and currently has a mid-sleeper bed (only for one more sleep because I've sold it!) which came with drawers, bookcase and desk but he has said he'd like a normal low bed.

He's decided he'd like one with a pull out bed underneath so he can have friends to sleep over.

His mid-sleeper and mattress were from Argos and the mattress wasn't the most comfortable so I bought a topper which seems to be fine even when adults have occasionally slept in it.

We haven't made a final decision on the new bed yet but have seen one in Argos which is a definite contender. I'm just wondering whether I can get away with getting him a white bed or not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now