Talk

Advanced search

Single bed for 10 yr old boy

(4 Posts)
Angelabdc Thu 29-Sep-11 23:32:24

Our son is at the stage where he needs a more grown up/teenage-y bedroom and I'm looking for a new single bed with plenty of storage. Something substantial which will last for the next few years with a possible change of mattress if need be.
I've had a look in Ikea and John Lewis but not really seen anything inspiring. All the models either seem too boring, too childish or too much like something for a Manhattan loft from the 1980's. I think ideally I'd like a cabin style bed with drawers underneath. Does anyone have any ideas?

Seona1973 Fri 30-Sep-11 22:42:47

have you looked at argos?

Angelabdc Sat 01-Oct-11 09:14:22

The bed he has at the moment is from Argos and I've had a few reservations about the quality of the mattress . However I'll have a look on their website, thanks. I could probably get a separate matress somewhere else.

mogs0 Wed 05-Oct-11 20:13:36

We're in a similar position. Ds is 9 and currently has a mid-sleeper bed (only for one more sleep because I've sold it!) which came with drawers, bookcase and desk but he has said he'd like a normal low bed.

He's decided he'd like one with a pull out bed underneath so he can have friends to sleep over.

His mid-sleeper and mattress were from Argos and the mattress wasn't the most comfortable so I bought a topper which seems to be fine even when adults have occasionally slept in it.

We haven't made a final decision on the new bed yet but have seen one in Argos which is a definite contender. I'm just wondering whether I can get away with getting him a white bed or not.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: