Advanced search

I want a 'thing' but haven't a clue what it's called

(15 Posts)
iarebaboon Thu 15-Sep-11 10:05:53

It's like a picture frame, but deeper, with a shelf or two and a glass front

I've googled/ ebayed 'display cabinet' but it's too general a term

Any ideas what a can search for, or have you seen something like this?

VivaLeBeaver Thu 15-Sep-11 10:12:58

Display cabinet?

Portofino Thu 15-Sep-11 10:15:11

picture frame display case?

crazynanna Thu 15-Sep-11 10:15:56

Is it one of those things used for 3D pictures...where there is a kitchen scene and there is a little kettle,a little plate...that kind of thing?

No...sorry...don't know who stocks them.

ZimboMum Thu 15-Sep-11 10:22:13

I guess a printers tray doesn't cover it either as they normally have lots of cubbyholes and don't have glass...

<wanders off to think some more>

BedHog Thu 15-Sep-11 10:26:08

That type of frame is called a box frame - however I'm not sure about the shelves inside.

iarebaboon Thu 15-Sep-11 10:29:32

Hmmmm sorta beaver, but I'd like one that looks nice, probably white. The one I think I've seen (dreamt?) had like wallpaper at the back

Crazynanna, little kitchens? confused the mind boggles grin

I want to put little shoes in it in a 'tasteful' display <because people keep giving me cute little pretty shoes for newborn DD that she'll never wear because I think shoes on a 4 week old are pointless and a bit silly)

iarebaboon Thu 15-Sep-11 10:30:01

Oooo box frame sounds promising

Off to search

iarebaboon Thu 15-Sep-11 10:34:40

Look! Look! this is the thing but it's v expensive sad. I can't spend £65 on a whim sad

It's nice though

AllThreeWays Thu 15-Sep-11 11:13:04

Shadow box

VivaLeBeaver Thu 15-Sep-11 12:04:52

I think ikea do something gsimilar

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Thu 15-Sep-11 12:06:36

Possibly your local picture framer would be able to knock something up cheaply?

iarebaboon Thu 15-Sep-11 14:25:58

Fab ideas and I shall explore them all. If I could get a cheapy Ikea one I could do tje wallpaper thing myself....

And shadow box, who'da thought it would be calked that but it seems to be the name of the thing

Thanks all

ArmageddonOuttahere Thu 15-Sep-11 14:30:35

aye, Ikea do these deeper box frames for people to put pebbly shit in

iarebaboon Thu 15-Sep-11 16:36:29

Feck are little tiny ballet shoes a bit next directory shit?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now