Talk

Advanced search

For anyone who buys stuff online (not food)

(5 Posts)
HanRain Sat 10-Sep-11 16:59:50

Hi everyone,

I have been wanting a new TV for ages. I saw one I liked on very.co.uk (thought I could pay for it bit by bit) and I was going to buy it until my friend told me about WhichOneHowMuch. It's a little gadget (I can't remember the correct term for it!) that tells you if the product you are looking for can be bought cheaper elsewhere. So I downloaded it, went back to the page showing the TV and it came up that I could buy it from Comet for £150 cheaper!

Here is the link to download it.
http://www.whichonehowmuch.co.uk/Shopping-Companion-Browser-Bar?jv=HR

I got confused when I first downloaded it cos I couldn't see it but it stays invisible until you visit a page with a product on it. It'll be great in the run up to Xmas as it works on toys too! It doesn't work on your food shopping though

xx

ihatethecold Sun 11-Sep-11 15:02:06

does it have an app for iphone?

HanRain Sun 11-Sep-11 20:55:23

I don't know. I don't have an iPhone, I have an Android phone. I just checked and there isn't an Android app for it, so I'm guessing that there isn't an iPhone app.

Have you tried searching for it?

queenie53 Thu 22-Sep-11 00:36:39

HanRain mentions very.co uk PLEASE READ THE SMALL PRINT if you are considering their buy now pay in 12 months offer. If you don't settle in full before the 12 months are up, you are charged interest on the whole of the year that you have already had the goods, as well as interest from the time you start paying. The interest rate is high, too, so please be careful. I have been caught out, I ordered less than £400 worth of goods when the catalogue used to be Argos Additions (it changed to very.co.uk) and took advantage of the buy now pay later offer. I have been paying for months, and I now owe almost £600! I am paying almost £50 per month, the interest on my latest statement is over £81!! Google it and you will see others have been caught, too.

HanRain Sun 25-Sep-11 16:23:19

Wow - I'm glad I didn't order my TV using very.co.uk now! Thanks for the advice queenie53.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now