Talk

Advanced search

Toddler's curly, very dry hair.

(12 Posts)
SurprisEs Thu 25-Aug-11 12:06:24

my daughter 2yrs has very dry curly hair. When I had her hair cut the hair dresser applied a cream onto her hair Wichita kept very soft a healthy looking for a couple of days but it cost £11 and I didn't want to spend that much as it would be a regular expense.

Does anyone know of a good children's hair product that would do te same job but cheaper? For curls specifically.

SurprisEs Thu 25-Aug-11 12:07:19

Forget the word Wichita. Hate predictable text! Which was the word. Lol

JarethTheGoblinKing Thu 25-Aug-11 12:10:07

What shampoo/conditioner do you use for her?

Fo0ffyShmoofer Thu 25-Aug-11 12:10:38

This probably will be no help at all but just wondered how often you wash it? I used to wash DDs every second night and it was always dry. Now I wash it every fourth night and it's much softer. Regarding products I'd be interested to see myself. smile

SurprisEs Thu 25-Aug-11 12:13:56

Shampoo and conditioner I used Loreal kids and I wash it once a week as it is so dry it doesn't even get greasy.

PotatoesOfTheCarribean Thu 25-Aug-11 17:34:07

There a curl creme that Boots does, in a pink plastic tub. That works quite well..

Don't brush her hair too often, use a wide tooth comb rather than a brush and make sure you rinse really well when you wash it.

Sallypuss Thu 25-Aug-11 17:49:35

DD has curly hair but we don't suffer from dryness only a bird's nest look occasionally. Suggest Johnsons baby conditioner. Also have you come across a product called vitapointe? It's as old as the hills but you smooth a tiny dab through dry hair and it conditions. Also recommend the tangle teazer brush - a godsend for small people with curly hair as it doesn't pull (and consequently you don't get as many tears at hair brushing time. )

SurprisEs Thu 25-Aug-11 18:21:00

Thanks for the replies. I already use a wide tooth comb but I haven't tried any of the products mentioned. Will look into the Boots one as they are not to dear most times.

gingeroots Sat 10-Sep-11 21:04:35

Aussie Mega Instant Conditioner is good , doesn't build up and isn't too heavy .

rubyslippers Sat 10-Sep-11 21:08:15

My DD has very fine, super curly hair

You can get a detangling spray from ASDA - called tantrum link here the one in the pink bottle

It's around £3 and it's fabulous - leaves curls defined and not dry at all and stops it getting the birds nest effect on the back

rubyslippers Sat 10-Sep-11 21:08:48

Oh and brush when wet with a tangle teaser only

They are £££

YougreatPamplemousse Sat 10-Sep-11 21:09:06

We never brush DD's hair dry as it tears it. We have also given up normal shampoo on her hair as it seems to make it drier. We now wash it with Johnsons baby conditioner then rinse and use Aussie 3 minute conditioner, rinse then I put on some morroccan oil which saves it until the next weeks wash. During the week I just wet it with a spray bottle, with water/conditioner mix in it, in the morning and use a tangle teaser to brush it out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now