Talk

Advanced search

toddler back-pack thingy

(5 Posts)
dolster Wed 24-Aug-11 16:15:18

Hi - can anyone recommend a toddler carrier back-pack? My DD is 16mo and heavy - we're going on holiday for a week in September and hoping to do a bit of gentle hiking, so I think one of these could come in handy. Any tips on good ones would be much appreciated!

BooBooGlass Wed 24-Aug-11 16:16:21

You need an Ergo, definately. Don't get a framed backpack, I borrowed one from a friend and it was torture. With an Ergo I could carry my hefty ds all day with not even an ache.

mousymouse Wed 24-Aug-11 16:20:12

I second the ergo or something similar. I carried my dd up a sand dune in ours. it is great, because it's comfy for both child and carrier and the balance is just right.

YougreatPamplemousse Wed 24-Aug-11 16:26:50

I have both an ergo type carrier and a LittleLife framed carrier and happily carry my DDs in either. We travelled around Australia when our DD1 was 20mo with the framed carrier and it was a saviour - it provided a stable seat in places there were no highchairs, has a storage pouch which contains a suncover and has place for drinks/snacks, ours also had a detachable rucksack. DH who has back issues carried her for up to 8 hours on some days with no problems. I love my ergo too and find it easier when DDs are walking and one or the other needs carrying it is small to pack and incredibly comfy but DH doesn't like using it because he like having the DDs at head height for chatting and showing them things.

littlelapin Wed 24-Aug-11 16:37:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now