Talk

Advanced search

Single bed mattress

(4 Posts)
Honeymum Tue 23-Aug-11 13:05:43

Has anyone bought one recently? I am just about to chuck out a John Lewis one which is about 18 months old. You can feel all the springs inside - most uncomfortable. Wasn't expensive - about £100 but I expected it to last longer...

So now I need a new one. I don't mind paying a bit more but wondered if anyone had any suggestions??

Mandy21 Tue 23-Aug-11 19:36:23

I can't remember the actual model but I bought Airsprung mattresses when Argos was doing a 50% off promotion - they should have been £200 each but they were £100 each. Absolutely brilliant, so comfortable. Bought a John Lewis mattress for my daughter's trundle so rarely used but really cheap feeling. It was the JL value range but unimpressed.

BedHog Tue 23-Aug-11 19:41:45

Our mattress got really uncomfortable, so we bought a memory foam mattress topper from ebay. It was a slight second so only about £40 for a double, including postage. It's made a big difference.

Honeymum Sun 04-Sep-11 17:56:02

I've bought two pocket sprung mattresses by Layzee (?) at Argos. They were were £180 each with £150 off and an extra 15%, so fingers crossed they are good. They are being delivered this week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now