Talk

Advanced search

Stylish black-out blinds

(7 Posts)
Pelvicflooragogo Mon 15-Aug-11 15:09:55

I'm redecorating my kids' bedroom (two toddlers, DD and DS) and need to replace the roller black out blind. I'm looking for an injection of colour and nothing too babyish - like a stylish colourful 70's print of elephants or something fun.

Any tips on where to get them from? Have tried Curtains for kids and like lots them but couldn't find "the one"! And some were really pricey! Also ideally a slightly dark background colour as the room faces the rising sun so darkness helps the black-outness. Also someone told me you could get attachments to help fix the blinds to the window from tesco?

BonzoDooDah Mon 15-Aug-11 16:59:14

I saw some lovely ones in Dun Elm and they were rather cheap too!

Found em Noah's ark blackouts

BonzoDooDah Mon 15-Aug-11 17:00:39

In the shop they had different ones too - more jungly type and some with stars and things.

MyCatHasStaff Mon 15-Aug-11 17:03:29

I had the Dun Elm ones and they looked lovely, the material was great, and even though they were vanilla colour they 'blacked-out' really well. However, the fixings and pully were plastic and they just broke after a very short time. They were not 'abused' in any way, just up and down as they are supposedly designed to do. Very disapppointing.

sequinart Tue 16-Aug-11 16:43:31

John Lewis (my second recommendation in 5 minutes I promise I dont work for them)!

puddock Tue 16-Aug-11 16:45:42

john lewis have quite a good range (nice numbers one for instance) which are good quality fixings, free delivery, easy to fit ... and not too dear imo.

Pelvicflooragogo Tue 16-Aug-11 22:06:06

Thanks all - have a current JL one so may pop in there next week to check out their range which would fit the current fittings etc. Have also found some lovely stuff which I'm getting swatches from - kids curtain shop and something like that - will let you know how I get on - found a v.chic one with granite grey background and dogs with acid green touches - love it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now