Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got a Soda Stream?

(9 Posts)
birdofthenorth Sat 13-Aug-11 09:48:00

I'm tempted -but is it a handy way to have heaps of drinks at your finger tips & save money on buying diet coke, or an expensive faff we'd tire of after a month?

Thanks!

DandyGilver Sat 13-Aug-11 09:54:38

Yes! We have one. I have to say that I don't like any of the flavouring mixes and just use it for fizzy water to which I add cordial or fruit juice.

I find the mixes too sweet but then I don't drink Coke/Sprite etc anyway. DH sometimes breaks out and uses the Ginger Ale mix.

But I love it. Far better than have loads of plastic bottles of water that you have to drag into the house and then take all the empties out. Need to know where you will be buying your refills from though. I think only John Lewis and Lakeland carry them, but I could be wrong.

Honeydragon Sat 13-Aug-11 09:57:44

I buy asda / tesco sparkling water as its 18 pence for 2 litres and worked out less than the cartridges blush

birdofthenorth Sat 13-Aug-11 11:10:10

Is it a faff to use & clean? Does it take up heaps of counter space?

Thanks!

DandyGilver Sat 13-Aug-11 12:34:27

No, not a faff. And it isn't plugged in so can sit anywhere.

ByTheSea Sat 13-Aug-11 12:37:46

DH bought one and it's been a huge hit here. I don't faff around with it - he and the DC do. They either drink the fizzy water, or mix it with various juices or squash. Range also sell the refills.

kayah Sat 13-Aug-11 18:25:13

refills are all sweatened with glucose, which in my case is a big problem, as I am sensitive to it

that's why Idecided against buying it

Thandeka Sat 13-Aug-11 18:32:45

Huge hit in this house use it every day especially since it saved my morning sickness. I don't use the mixers I use elderflower cordial or squash. Much nicer. Handily our local hardwear store does the gas refills so we are sorted!

LynetteScavo Sat 13-Aug-11 18:35:42

Have you seen the price of the new ones?

I'm sure the one I had in 1988 wasn't nearly as expensive. I got bored of that one, which is why I haven't bought one recently, although I was tempted. I think it would end up in the same cupboard as my sandwich toaster, juicer and slow cooker.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now