Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone ordered labels from 'Stuck On You'?

(10 Posts)
electra Mon 08-Aug-11 16:39:24

And then got stung by customs? The prospect is putting me off ordering but the label packs look fab.

Catslikehats Mon 08-Aug-11 16:46:14

Not stung by customs but teh quality is poor.

The iron on labels don't stick for more than a few washes and then clog up the washing machine and despite using baking paper over them when ironing I find the lettering often smudges.

The stick on vinyl labels are better but again don't last forever - maybe two months of regularly going through the dishwasher.

Pity really because they are very pretty.

electra Mon 08-Aug-11 17:00:44

Ah ok, thanks for your advice - is there another brand you could recommend?

Seona1973 Mon 08-Aug-11 18:31:03

I get the iron on and stick on fab and funky labels from easy2name - you get a mumsnet discount by quoting mums-e2n.

Babyblade Wed 14-Sep-11 22:43:12

Bought from Stuck on You about a year ago and I've found the lables stay stuck (at least 12 months and no sign of shifting), good quality, very pretty and no problems with customs charges. In fact I'm so pleases I've just ordered a 2nd batch.

Fresh01 Fri 23-Sep-11 21:55:08

I have ordered from them several times with no issues. Never had customs charges. They have quick delivery.

I have iron on labels that got put on DD1's school uniform last August that are still there for DD2 to use when she was passed on the jumpers this year. Only vinyl labels I have had come off drinks bottles are when the bottles curve round and vertically at the same time, if that description makes sense.

Silverbells123 Thu 29-Sep-11 09:08:45

I agree with Seona - I get mine from there too. I particularly like the clear strips you can buy to seal on the stickers for shoes.

savoycabbage Thu 29-Sep-11 09:14:50

I have had labels on my dd's packed lunch stuff since September 2008 and they are still on perfectly. Through the dishwasher every time too.

In fact I have only used about half of the pack and now they are a bit babyish in design for my dd as I thought they would peel off after a while. I haven't had any problems with  the iron on dots either and like silverbells I love the shoe stickers.

Wheresmum Wed 19-Oct-11 16:17:03

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

LaLaLaLayla Wed 19-Oct-11 16:25:30

The iron on labels don't stick for more than a few washes and then clog up the washing machine and despite using baking paper over them when ironing I find the lettering often smudges.

That was my experience. They only stay on for a few washes. Also, all the labels that I lovingly put on DS's pencils and stationery (about a bloody hundred!) have all but come off.

Shame really, as the designs are really nice. I am going back to Cash's Name Tapes...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now