Talk

Advanced search

Vauxhall Zafira Fuel Consumption

(8 Posts)
HairyJo Mon 08-Aug-11 10:55:02

Anyone else finding their fuel consumption in the Vauxhall Zafira ridiculously high??

We bought one about 6 months ago and although I do very little mileage I seem to be filling it up constantly. It's a 1.6 petrol.

EsmeWeatherwax Mon 08-Aug-11 11:12:07

I've got one too, 1.6 petrol, I find it runs really high, which I assume is why its heavy on petrol. If I'm doing 70 on the motorway for example, it runs about 3500-4000 revs, which is really high. Has fairly slowed my driving down! Fortunately I don't use it much for long distances, just pottering really, so can get away with filling it once a month, but wouldn't like to use it for commuting. Too small an engine for such s big car!

HairyJo Mon 08-Aug-11 11:15:23

Yes, we've been thinking about changing it for something more efficient but I don't know if I do enough miles to justify it. I do around 8000 miles a year.

evaangel Mon 08-Aug-11 11:22:42

I have a Vauxhall Tigra...1.4...I was filling it every other day, just doing out in the town journeys...I was told by a garage that my car was running on 3 injectors hence the fuel consumption..it was fixed last week and it is great now..HTH

HairyJo Mon 08-Aug-11 11:35:27

That's interesting evaangel maybe I should get it checked out.

evaangel Mon 08-Aug-11 11:54:03

I am not sure if it a common fault with Vauxhall, where the injectors fail from time to time.

koalalou Mon 08-Aug-11 22:29:46

I have a Vauxhall Zafira (petrol, automatic) and it seems fairly economical to me - just bought it part exchange, had a BMW 5 Series before which was much, much worse which is why we changed it.

sazm Mon 08-Aug-11 22:50:15

my sister had a 1.6 02 plate zafira and its pretty good on fuel,if you're not doing many miles there must be a problem, i would get it checked out smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now