Talk

Advanced search

Which car for our growing family?

(7 Posts)
NatzCNL Tue 19-Jul-11 18:00:58

Hello,

We are expecting DC3 in just over 9 weeks and already have 2 DD's aged 3 and 4, both in group 1 child seats. We have just purchased a group 2-3 for our eldest DD who will be 5 in September.

We tried out the new seat in our car (Vauxhall Zafira) and found that we cant comfortably fit all 3 car seats (new born seat, group 1 and group 2-3)on the bench seat, and will not be able to fit all 3 on the bench seat once baby is big enough to go in the group 1 seat. We can put one of the kids in one of the boot seats, but this does not offer much leg room and takes up space for the buggy & shopping, also dont like the idea of one always travelling in the boot area.

Can anyone reccomend a wider family car that has a decent boot space? We would prefer to still have the option of two extra seats in the boot in the event of friends oining us, but not essential.

I love our Zafira, but it just isn't wide enough to have all our kids sitting together sad

Thank you for any suggestions

mamalocco Tue 19-Jul-11 18:37:06

Volvo XC90 - three car seats can fit in middle row - the middle seat has an integrated booster seat. With the rear two seats down the boot is huge (bigger than our estate) and with all seven seats occupied (even by adults) enough leg room for all.

PGTip Tue 19-Jul-11 18:39:05

Citroën Picasso has 3 full size adult seats in the back that should take all 3 chairs

NatzCNL Tue 19-Jul-11 19:35:29

Thanks for the suggestions! Will be hopping onto Auto trader now to have a peek smile

Toobluntforboss Tue 19-Jul-11 20:02:58

Ford S Max - fantastic!

Lindy123 Wed 20-Jul-11 17:54:58

Without doubt a Honda FRV. Has three adult seats across the front and three in the back. Not a seven seater but six adult seats. We;ve had ours fours and touch wood we've not spent a penny on it.

Land rover discovery, very roomy, we looked at the Volvo xc90 as well, both are able to fit three seats across the bench, but the land rovers third row has more space then the xc, even I can fit in them with my extra long legs, I could not fit in the xc. We use the two outer seats in the second row and one third row seat, the other seats are down, this gives you a good view of the boy in the boot

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now